Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    atlbaby Guest

Default RE: Janie and Jack New addiction (It's really addition) to Gymboree Corporation

Shopping for girls *is* fun...I love spring clothing the most I think (probably just because I hate winter so much! :P ) But I would really like a boy next...and DH wants another girl really badly. Good thing it's not in our hands LOL!!

-Rachel
    Mom to Arielle Jill, 10/30/01

atlbaby Guest

Default RE: Janie and Jack New addiction (It's really addition) to Gymboree Corporation

I also have plans to meet my mom and use my Gymbucks! :) I find it hard to shop for clothing *with* Arielle--who really loovveess to walk ALL THE TIME, or if she's in the stroller we'd better be moving, and FAST! Soooo either I have to go with DH to the mall (good thing he likes malls) and make it a 'family outing'--pathetic huh:P--or go together with my mom...if I'm going to buy her nice clothing I at least want to get pleasure out of the buying process, right? :)
    -Rachel
    Mom to Arielle Jill, 10/30/01

The customer service is great too. I have been picking up all my gifts for baby showers, birthdays etc... at Janie & Jack and everyone I know loves their stuff. I just wish I had a girl too because the girl stuff is so adorable. I am tempted to buy the stuff and hold on to it just in case. DH definitely thinks I am nuts.
    Sandy
    mom to Alexander Thor 3/16/02
    Sandy
    Mommy to Alexander Thor (9)
    & Marisa Mia (6)

I'm going to Gymboree today!! WhooHOO! I love the new Poppies line! I'm getting baby the overalls from the baby girl line---they're SO cute! Still not totally sure what I'm getting big sister---I want to see it in the store. :)

I got the Paris/Bon Voyage line blue jumpers with the pleats. They are GORGEOUS on! I bought one for each girl so they may wear those for Easter. They're so CUTE!

I justify my Gymboree addiction by the resale value. LOL My girls are 4.5 years apart and I has saved a lot of dd#1's things. But when I had #2 I got rid of much of #1's and got good money for stuff! So now I sell off #1's stuff as she outgrows it and just go buy more. Thank God for eBay! LOL
    ~~AngelaS~~
    Mommy to 3 girls: A, G and M. (15, 11 and 8.5)

The education of all children, from the moment that they can get along without a mother's care, shall be in state institutions at state expense.
    – Karl Marx, "The Communist Manifesto"

Rachels is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Conveniently, three people I know had babies this week, so I got to shop! I did get two little outfits for Abigail, too...

-Rachel
    Mom to Abigail Rose
    5/18/02
    Rachel

Mama to Abby (5) and Ethan (2)

When you know better, you do better.
    -Maya Angelou

mamahill Guest

Wow - it must be birthing season. I had two friends who live near me give birth Monday and Tuesday and a third friend (who is due next Monday), felt left out when Wednesday came and went... But I must say that an excuse to shop is always welcome! Plus, online they say they're having a sale... they're practically paying US to buy their things... (however this argument doesn't always fly with DH)

sweetbasil Guest

We don't know if baby #2 is a girl or boy (yet), but I've already started looking at girls' clothes...okay, started BUYING girls' clothes. I'm chalking it up to gifts for other babies due soon among church friends, but I won't THINK about sharing until I'm sure of what we're having :) Maybe then, I can figure out who AngelaS is on eBay and start helping her cause, too. ha!

Seriously, in my experience, baby boys are a lot harder to find great things for, but I've seemed to manage overspending on DS's wardrobe anyway. We agree at our house that a girl would be much more expensive to dress- and a lot of fun, too. And twins- don't even let me think about that!

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I was a t Gymboree today and the navy/yellow/green daisy line is now at the first mark down! (25% off). The French/Paris line is now 40% off!

I am trying to be good and hold off on the daisy line until it is at least 40% off. That will probably be in a couple weeks, so I think I can do it!!! LOL! :)

And the new Poppy line is incredibly cute.

I am very excited by Gymborees newer lines. Over the last year, their lines haven't really excited me, but the last couple have been just adorable. I am glad too, because I can't stand most of the other retail clothing stores toddler girls clothes (too sparkly, spangly and "adult" for my tastes).

Happy shopping!

Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3