simplemama Guest

Default where to find shoes with velcro or zipper opening

why do they even make baby shoes that are lace-up????? have they even tried putting those on babies themselves???? in any case, where have you been able to find shoes that open/close with either velcro or zipper???

i spotted one at babygap recently, except when i put my fingers inside and feel the sides, they have "hard" parts where there is rubber on the outside (gee, i'm not explaining this really well, am i?), and it doesn't feel very comfortable.

what are my choices????

gour0 Guest

Default Did you see the Robeez post?

I'm not sure if that's what you're looking for, but people rave about them.

www.robeez.com

Melanie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default RE: where to find shoes with velcro or zipper opening

I got really cute felt ones with a teddy or puppy from baby gap, they weren't especially hard inside, not like rubber-soled, but they weren't cushioned either. I also got a strap-across plain velcro shoe from there: http://www.gap.com/asp/Product.asp?w...15&wpid=134050 I don't see the felt ones right now. My favorites were a sesame street brand of velcro/elastic mix at k-mart that they, of course, discontinued for the usual hard-rubber soles you see everywhere.

I love the Robeez, too.

Mommy to Jonah
    Boy - 10 years, Girl - 6 Years Old!, (What am I still doing here?! LOL) Dog - Eternal Puppy , Me - Done .

mspacman2 Guest

Default RE: where to find shoes with velcro or zipper opening

As much as I hate "designer" labeling, I broke down and bought Nike toddler shoes. They have velcro straps and the leather is very soft compared to other shoes. Kohl's had them on sale for $20.99.