kathsmom is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Anyone have experience with Babystyle's brand of baby clothes?

Hi, everyone!

I am searching for soft clothes for DS and just received my Babystyle catalog. DS has an eczema type patch on his neck and I am looking for soft clothes for him. I remember that Lisa (nigele) was looking for soft clothes for Thomas and read her thread. I really can't afford Janie and Jack or Petit Bateau right now.

Babystyle has some basic cotton clothes that they market as "Our Softest Pull-on Pant" and "Our Softest Tee". Does anyone know anything about this line? It is reasonably priced.

I plan to check out Baby Gap too, since that was also recommended. Any other stores, brands, or e-tailers you can think of would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Toni - mom to Katherine (5/19/96) and Andrew (9/23/02)

trumansmom is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default RE: Anyone have experience with Babystyle's brand of baby clothes?

Truman has both of the Babystyle items you mentioned. I've found that Babystyle children's clothes run a lot like their maternity clothes. The pants run big and the shirts run small. In particular, the pants run really, really long.

But they are very soft and do hold up well. The colors fade a bit, but nothing terrible.

Baby Gap stuff is great, too. Make sure to check out their sale racks. They can have amazing sales.

HTH,
    Jeanne
    Mom to Truman 11/29/01

nohomama Guest

I've ordered a bunch of tees and onsies from the Babystyle line and have found the opposite to be true. On Lola the tops run large and she's been able to wear them for months. I've never ordered any of the pants. Like Jeanne, I too have found they hold up well and are very soft. You may just want to order one or two items to see how they fit your son before investing in a lot of their clothes.

jenmcadams is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I've had some decent luck with some Carter's, Gap, Gymboree and also Old Navy for soft items, you just have to look through the clutter b/c some of it's not soft at all. Another option (although definitely on the pricey end of things) is Hanna Andersson...all of our Hannas are super-soft and wash well, but they are pricey. We have a Carter's Outlet, a Hanna Outlet, an Old Navy and a Gap near us, so I troll the sales racks pretty frequently. I indulge my Hanna (and also sometimes my Gymboree) obsessions by buying some stuff NWT (new with tags) off of eBay. I don't buy any used clothes, but I've gotten some great deals by searching for NWT items. Just be a smart shopper b/c often times (especially with Hanna) stuff goes for more than it would on the sales racks at the stores.
    Mom to a DD (8/02) and a DS (6/05)

The local Gymboree store here has an extra 20% off the clearance items right now. Lots of good deals there.

...Karen
    Jake age 12
    Logan Elizabeth 3/25/03
    ...Karen
    ds 1991
    dd 2003
    dd 2008 now home from Taiwan!

twodogsandababy Guest

We have a bunch of t-shirts and pants from Babystyle, as well as a dress and some cardigans. I have been really happy with their stuff. It's very soft and well-made and it wears pretty well. (The dark red color can sometimes fade.) As for sizing, their brand of pants definitely run long, but they roll easily. None of it seems to shrink much, though. I'm a big fan of their stuff. Baby Gap is also good for soft clothes, and Old Navy *can* be. I'm not a huge Gymboree fan. They're always doing things like putting embroidery knots on the inside of clothes, and it doesn't seem comfortable. We do have a few things from there, but not many.

kathsmom is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Thank you for your replies! I will check out the places you all have mentioned and I will be ordering from babystyle.com. BTW, one of my neighbors is an RN, and we saw her while walking last night. We showed her the patch on DS's neck and she said it looked like heat rash and to keep it dry. I've been putting lotion on it! I am going to try some cornstarch from my kitchen to see if that can help him.

Thanks again!

Toni