Laila Guest

Default How many crib and bassinet sheets do I need

Hi

I plan on having our baby girl in our room for the first months, in a pack and play, then the crib. How many sheets of each should I plan on getting?

COElizabeth Guest

Default RE: How many crib and bassinet sheets do I need

I have 2 crib sheets. I usually wash one soon after taking it off (because I usually change sheets only when one gets spit up on or we have a diaper failure), so it's usually clean and dry again by the time I need it. I do laundry a lot, though, and the washing machine is about 10 feet from our crib! No, it's not in the nursery, but it happens to be right outside, which is very convenient! Before James was moving around in his bed much, I kept a Carter's waterproof flannel pad under him and changed that as needed, but I didn't actually change the sheet for months! Now that he is moving I change it more, but I still don't feel the need for more than 2 sheets. There are some options for sheets that are easier to change - the ultimate crib sheet and sheet savers, I believe, and you might want to look into those if you aren't set on which sheets you want. HTH.

Elizabeth
    Mom to James
    9-20-02

mamahill Guest

I only have 2 crib sheets, too! But I did place a lap pad (Carter's) under her head for the first few months. That "saved" a few sheet changes. But I'm with Elizabeth - only 2! (and still not wishing I had more)

I have two also!

When my dd was tiny, I laid her sideways in her crib. She liked the smaller 'feel' of it and then if she spit up on one end of the crib, I could just lay her at the other end for the rest of the night. That way I never had to change sheets in the middle of the night! :D
    ~~AngelaS~~
    Mommy to 3 girls: A, G and M. (15, 11 and 8.5)

The education of all children, from the moment that they can get along without a mother's care, shall be in state institutions at state expense.
    – Karl Marx, "The Communist Manifesto"

lesliepear Guest

I had 3, but we have coin laundry, so don't wash often (and the washers are shut off after 9:30). I used the flannel waterproof pads, to save the hassle of sheet changes with the bumpers!