Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    etwahl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default RE: Just how cold does it get in North Carolina? Clothes?

she'll be entering the 6-12 month size here almost immediately. at her 4 month appt, she was 15 pounds. She's a big girl :)

Yes, we'd love it if it's her size, except that you should probably keep it for your next little girl, no?!

Tammy,
    Mom to Lauren Genevieve
    03/12/2003
    www.evantammy.com

I sent two emails to your hotmail acct.

Tammy,
    Mom to Lauren Genevieve
    03/12/2003
    www.evantammy.com

parkersmama Guest

Tammy,
    Like all of the south, NC has freaky winters! Some days are extremely cold and others are so warm you'd swear it's May! We visited my brother (lives in Carrboro, right outside Chapel Hill) at Thanksgiving two years ago and it was see-your-breath cold outside. My boys had fleece jackets from Lands' End and probably weren't warm enough in them to stay outside very long. We visited again this past January and it was very cold again. They'd just had some bad ice storms but the week after we left, the temps were up again in the upper 50s.

Like Rachel suggested, I think layering is the key. Keep a sweater or fleece jacket in the car for times when the weather changes quickly (like you're unexpectedly still out at nightfall). Pajamas with no feet are fine but make sure to put socks on her at night. You'll also probably want mittens and a hat for any extended time outside (strolling the neighborhood? visiting a fair?).

Although we do get cool here, it's never really cold and that's one of my favorite things about visiting NC...I love the more definite change of seasons!

nigele is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Tammy,

I didn't get either of them. Are you sending them to [email protected]?

that's the one. sorry you didn't get my emails. we were going to meet you guys for lunch at crabtree yesterday. we did get our shopping done, and had a great time with neve, steve, and tristan. we definitely have to get together soon lisa.

i don't know why you didn't get my emails. i'll try forwarding them again from another account.

Tammy,
    Mom to Lauren Genevieve
    03/12/2003
    www.evantammy.com

klwa is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Well, everyone else has a lot more to say than I do, but thought I'd add a bit. Don't forget about the outlets in Smithfield, south of Raleigh, when you're out shopping. They're right off I-95 at HWy 70, and have a Carter's and an Osh Kosh outlet, as well as Gap. I live north-east of Raleigh in Franklin County, and those are the ones I hit prior to heading over to Morrisville.
    -Kris
    DS (9/05)
    DD (8/08)
    DD (9/12)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2