egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default ISO: windbreaker and water shoes

Nothing like waiting until the last minute, but we're going to Ft Lauderdale next week and need both of these items. I found a windbreaker at Target and its OK (I'm not in love with it), but it was only $12. I also saw one at babyGap that was OK, but it was $24.

I also need water sandals. Sarah has short, wide feet, so she really needs shoes that have velcro in the front and back. Again, babyGap had some, but they were $20, so I'm looking for options. They had some Speedo ones at Target but they were the pull-on style and really don't fit her right.

Obviously I don't have time to order on-line, it needs to be somewhere I can go and get them. We have most major retail stores around here.

Thanks!
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

colleenfs is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default RE: ISO: windbreaker and water shoes

I saw some water shoes in the new Lands End catalog ($19) - you could try your local Sears. Gymboree has a cute windbreaker from the Tulip line. Good luck!

~Colleen
    Mama to Julia 1-10-02

Ah, thanks. I checked my Sears and they have almost NOTHING from the current LE catalog! I was rather upset at that!!

I missed the Gymbo Tulip jacket. Is it available in the girls sizes, like 3 and 4? Or is it a baby item?
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

momathome is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I'm pretty sure that jacket was a baby item - I know because I wanted it for Kasey! The water shoes are a tough one - most of the under $20 ones are pull-on. How about just a pair of rubber flip flops? Do you have an Osh Kosh outlet near you? I was just in mine and they had a bunch of cute windbreakers and water shoes and flip flops. Good luck and have fun on your trip!
    -Lauren

em_jon98 Guest

I think Gymboree had a different style of jacket for size 3 and up in the Tip Toe Line than they had in the 2T and under sizes. I think it was more of a canvas material in a longer style. I seem to remember a windbreaker style too, different than the longer coat I'm thinking of, which I thought was cuter than the baby version, but its not online or at the Gymbohaven site, so I could be nuts. There is a windbreaker in the new Strawberry Patch line.

The LE summer stuff is coming into Sears very slowly. They had tees in (only had tanks before, not sure what they are thinking stocking tanks before tees when its 20 degrees out, but I digress) when I went on Wednesday, but still not anything close to the representative selection from the full line that they have carried the last two seasons.

Edited to remove the Baby Gap link because I re-read your original post.

Default Found some!

I found the cutest pair of Tevas at Nordstrom. They were a little more than the babyGap ones, but fit her very well and she has room to grow in them, so I hieop she can wear them all summer.

And I found a Columbia windbreaker at Nordstroms too. It was definitely pricier, but I thought it was a much nicer jacket.