Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    iluvmy2boys Guest

Default Oh no! Best friend is having a baby girl!! LOL What do I get?! **UPDATE**

Imperia and other gymbo experts? Should I get her some EH stuff? And if so, should I get it for this fall (baby is due in late October in NC) or maybe next spring? What size?!

I'm so excited she's having a girl though, YAY!!! :) The baby's name will be Julia Catherine or Julia Margaret. Later on this summer I'll probably get her some Zippers and socks, etc ... once the stuff has gotten marked down more. But I want to get her a cute outfit (or 2, or 3 - I LOVE shopping for baby girls! LOL)

So, throw out those suggestions!

urbanmama Guest

Default RE: Oh no! Best friend is having a baby girl!! LOL What do I get?!

If you think your friend likes toile, I would get her an outfit from Jardin Francaise. It is really unique and will be so different than all of the other outfits she gets.

For a brand new baby, I would get this:

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/7693.jpg

There is also a gorgeous blanket, cute bib and socks to match. I think all of the accessories really make the gift.

HTH!

Marie

LoveMyBabyBeans Guest

I would get her this, but in pink:
    http://www.hannaandersson.com/images/Large/4p27921.jpg
    http://www.hannaandersson.com/style....3%7C0%7C83%7C1

I am a bit biased because this is the outfit I bought for my new baby, but I just love the colors and the softness. And it's on sale (and they have it right now available in size 50 in pink).

Have fun shopping for your friend's new baby girl.

AvasMama Guest

Ava has this in pink! I absolutely love it -- she has worn it constantly and it is the only thing she has from winter/spring that still fits her (it's a 60, though -- she started wearing it at about 6-8 weeks). I might add a jeepers in either pale peony or the pale peony stripe (matches the stripe in the pants).

I also second the Jardin Francais one-piece. It is so adorable and the matching blanket is gorgeous! It would make a beautiful gift.

Robyn & Ava

colleenfs is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

What a great name! LOL.

I have to say that I didn't dress my Julia in Gymbo til she was in the 6-12 month sizes. They outgrow the clothes so fast and they often get stained with spit up or drool. Julia wore mostly Little Me and Carter's for the first few months. If you really want to get Gymbo, I'd get one of the gorgeous baby blankets or buy up for next spring in a 6-9 or 9-12 month size. Just my opinion.

~Colleen
    Mama to Julia 1-10-02

mum to chloe Guest

I love the sweater rompers from Gymboree! They're so soft-really comfortable (I think) and still dressy enough to go out in.
    The one from Garden Dreams was sleeveless but paired up with a matching cardigan and looked soooo nice on.
    You can probably get one for next to nothing NWT on eBay.
    (There was a Cherry(Flower?) Blossom one that I got NWT and it's from the year before , and also just beautiful)

lmladuke Guest

Hey Marie:

That is one of the outfits I am contemplating purchasing to bring my DD home from the hospital end of July. I don't want anything too bare. I also think I am going to get a preemie size (up to 8 lbs) and gymboree is one of the few places that has preemie size stuff.

Do you think that's appropriate - I want something I can use again.

Lori

lmladuke Guest

Kerry:

I just noticed your due date was yesterday - I am guessing you have not had your little girl yet - as you are still posting?

Lori

Imperia Guest

Okay this is sort of tough. Unless your friend has HUGE babies I don't think EH will fit at all this fall because it starts at 3-6 months being a baby girl line. Size 3-6 months starts at 12 pounds and 23 inches, but I find Gymboree often runs big. Maddy is 12 pounds 2 ounces as of last week and some of her 3-6 gymbo is still way too big.

I would buy it for spring and buy items that are easier to wear sort of big or that can be worn into the summer I suggest a dress or skirt set rather than pants, or if it must be pants the knit ones.

Imperia

urbanmama Guest

Default Lori

Lori,

I think that this style of clothing is absolutely perfect for a newborn. I dressed my girls in this semi-dressy-but-so-comfy one piece style a lot when they were first born. I think it would be an excellent choice. You would definitely be able to use it again, but I'm just not sure how long it will last in a preemie size. If you love it, I would consider buying it in preemie and 0-3 until you know how big your baby is. Doctors always try to estimate but they are notoriously wrong. Then maybe someone could wash the one you want to keep? I'm sure that the preemie would fit your newborn at first but if she ends up being in the 8 lb. range or larger, it wouldn't last for long. If she's on the smaller end, the preemie size could last her for a couple of months potentially.

Also, I don't know what your coloring (or your husband's) is, but I think that this piece looks better on dark-haired little girls. My 14 month old daughter is fair-skinned with blonde hair and blue eyes and it just doesn't do much for her. Don't get me wrong-- it doesn't look horrible, but it doesn't bring anything out in her. So, I think I'm going to return it. (There are so many cute clothes out there that I only keep stuff that I LOVE on my girls.) However, my 4 month old niece has dark hair and she looks precious in it.

HTH!

Marie

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast