Thread: Gymbucks?

ginamlee Guest

Default Gymbucks?

Unlike the majority here, I'm not really a Gymboree person. But, I really liked the European Holiday and the Flower Fields lines and I just spent too much with this sale. I'm in the mountains of Vermont on vacation, so I had to pay for shipping, but oh well. I got nearly every piece in the EH line and that might have been hit or miss in the store, so I'm not complaining very loudly...

ANYWAY...I ended up with Gymbucks that I'm 90% sure I won't use. I only shop at Gymboree when I'm crazy about a specific line, and that happens about once per year.

Anyway, I've seen people sell Gymbucks on eBay in the past. What is the going rate for these things? I'm thinking of offering them on BBB-SWAP but I have no clue what I should be asking for them.

Imperia Guest

Default RE: Gymbucks?

It's actually not legal to "sell" them so I would advise you do not do it on ebay as they have been really cracking down on cancelling those auctions.

It varies to some degree on how hot the upcoming lines are how much they go for...right now I see them for between $11-13 shipped apiece.
    Remeber though, y ou have to sell all the ones on a single receipt as a package because when you redeem them you need the receipt.

Imperia

I've been wondering the same thing. The most GBs I have ever earned has been 3 and with today's round-up (ie, held for Saturday) it looks like I may be getting 5!! Plus, I already have 1--that makes 6! ACK. I seriously don't know what I'm going to do with them.

ginamlee Guest

Thanks for the reply, Imperia. I had no idea it wasn't "legal". Eeek! I guess I need to sell the envelope with free Gymbucks inside? I have 5 of the things... I guess I'll need to find someone who needs a bunch of them. Thanks for the advice.

Oh, and if I'm not supposed to sell on eBay and no one on BBB-SWAP wants them, where else should I go?

urbanmama Guest

I'm right there with you, Maureen! I have an obscene amount. I will have my purchases from yesterday price adjusted so I'll lose a couple that I got yesterday, but I'll still have a lot. And this is from a person who swore that she wasn't going to earn any Gymbucks this time. Ugh! The sales are just so good that I end up earning the Gymbucks unintentionally. I'm really not fond of Gymbucks and would love it if they would do away with them (and replace them with more promotions or something).

But once I have the Gymbucks, I feel like I should spend them (Gymboree is an evil empire, I tell you!!!). I'm planning to buy anything I like from Sunflower Fields (which won't be much, I'm sure), a couple more pieces from EH and then stock up on panties, nightgowns, socks, maybe one outfit from CC and possibly something from the layette line.

I rarely buy ahead for next year. I'm never sure if I'll estimate sizes right (especially my younger daughter who is a peanut) and I figure that I'll probably want too much of the new stuff next year.

So... once I buy these things, I'm just going to throw away the rest of my Gymbucks. I have never not spent my Gymbucks before, but that is my plan for this time!

Marie

iluvmy2boys Guest

I have a good friend that I know would LOVE gymbucks .......

I'd love to get some for her (I only have 2 and am planning to use them on coordinating outfits for her 4.5yo DD and her unborn baby daughter due in late October. )

urbanmama Guest

I would be happy to give them to someone but the problem is that the vast majority of them are attached to one receipt. So, I don't know how that would work because I would have redeemed some of them for that one receipt and it would probably look pretty suspicious if everything didn't match up and some had been redeemed, etc. And the smaller amounts attached to another receipt will probably be used for an online order.

I would just have my sister use them (take her with me when I go shopping for my stuff), but she's earned too many of her own. I think that if I'm not going to spend them, I'll just have to throw them away or possibly invite a friend here to come shopping with me while I spend mine.

Marie

iluvmy2boys Guest

how many do you have? If you have 2 or 3 on one receipt I'm sure she'd be able to spend enough to get them! LOL She has 3 kids total (and 2 girls, like I said)

If not, not a big deal .... :)

I'll go shopping with you! LOL

urbanmama Guest

See that's the problem. Most of my Gymbucks are tied to one VERY long receipt. I do have 3 on another receipt, but I'm going to need those to do an online order, I think.

If I can figure something out, I'll let you know.

Marie