Buffys Mommy Guest

Default Tips to keep Hanna Zippers on -UPDATE

After hearing all the rave reviews about Hanna Zippers, I broke down and bought a sale pair about a month ago in 80. I finally washed them and put them on her two nights ago. They are huge, but because of how they are made they "fit". However, within 30 minutes Sarah figured out that if she pulled on one side, the zipper just unzipped. Then she started to try and undress. We finally resorted to puting them on backwards (I think that was Marisa's tip). I'm wondering what everyone else does. They are the softest things and even her daddy commented on that, but if they won't stay on ... Any other suggestions?

UPDATE - Two days ago - Sarah managed to wrangle out of her zipper backwards. UGH. I was ready to return the new dots one I just bought (and hadn't washed yet) until I noticed the zipper seemed differerent. IT IS! With the pink and white striped one the zipper would fall down the second you pulled on any fabric near it. The new dots one is heavier and grips better. So... I went to Hanna tonight and talked the sales person and she let me exchange it for new merchandise. She even mentioned they had had problems with the one I was exchanging. So.. I'm washing the new one tonight and hoping that Sarah can't wrangle out of it tomorrow. And I walked out of Hanna spending only $2.00 for two items. Gotta love that.

Tammie
    Sarah Michelle 10/13/03

urbanmama Guest

Default RE: Tips to keep Hanna Zippers on

Twice, I've gone in my daughter's room to find her in her crib with her Zipper unzipped down past her knees. However, most of the time she doesn't unzip them fortunately.

The other tip I've heard is to use a safety pin to pin the zipper to the Zipper. Aside from that or putting them on backward, I'm not sure that there is anything else you can do really.

I have some Gymmies from Gymboree that DD#2 is also using right now that I bought for DD#1 in 2001. They are a lot like Zippers and SOOO superior to the Gymmies that Gymboree sells today (they aren't as tight as they are now and you can actually easily put your child's arm through the armhole). I love them because they are so soft, they fit well (you don't have to buy two sizes up to fit your child) and they have that great tab that goes across the top of the zipper. Sure, a baby could figure out how to unsnap the tab and then unzip the zipper, but it is a whole lot more complicated. I wish that Hanna would do something similar!

Marie

We have found that if we put a dipe pin through one side of the collar, then through the bottom hole of the zipper and back through the other side of the collar, Sophie will *usually* keep them on. I say *usually* because she has, on occasion, gotten the entire suit off, only to hand it to me with the zipper still up and pinned! She squeezed out of the neck hole!!

The backward trick completely works, but it's a colossal PITA for dipe changes - especially when you're not totally awake.

Incidently - the older Hanna zippers have a different zip on them. The new ones are kind of rounded and slide down at the slightest tug. The old zipper is much more narrow (looks exactly like a Levi jean zipper) and stays locked. I had a couple of older ones, and then got a few more from one of the outlets. It completely makes a difference.

Putting holes in the collars of my beloved Hannas just killed me - but not as much as cleaning up a wet crib ;).

Good luck!

-m
    Wife to Jonathan
    Mom to Sophia 12/02 and Amelia 12/04

younhiekim Guest

I would put a bib on to cover the zipper on top. For some reason, DD would "forget" to unzip the zipper when I'd do that. Maybe out of sight, out of mind?

HTH!