s_gosney Guest

Default A Clothing Question for Southern Californians

My BIL and his wife are stationed near San Diego and are expecting a little boy in February. I've never had the privilege of visiting CA, so I need some weather help. I'm wanting to pick up an outfit for him from Gymbo this weekend, but I don't want it to be too warm to ever get used. I'm thinking about this:
    http://a116.g.akamai.net/7/116/2088/...main_3ab4f.jpg

I haven't seen it IRL, so I don't even know what material/weight it is. I'm assuming there's no need for the lion sweater, but it's SO cute. Any other ideas? Thanks!

papal Guest

Default RE: A Clothing Question for Southern Californians

Hi Sherri,
    If it is anything like the pink-striped piggy one we have, it is a thick terry like material.. i think it would be too hot for SoCal.
    Maybe someone who has seen it IRL can give you a better answer.

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

The thing about CA is even when it is hot during the day, it gets quite cool (50s and 60s) in the evening. Especially if they are within 50 miles or so of the coast. And February weather in CA can be highs in the 70s or highs in the 50s. You never know...
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

janinegillot Guest

I've lived in San Diego most of my life, so I can say that it definitely gets cold enough in the winter for an outfit like that. The daytime temperature is very often in the low 60's during dec-march and sometimes it's a bit cooler. We're having weird warm weather right now, but there have already been days where I've dressed dd in long sleeves and put her love a bug jacket on her.
    Janine

jec2 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

it does get chilly in so cal. I'm further north but I even break out my wool coat during the winter. and, I plan to buy that same romper for Finn...good choice!
    Juliet, mama to DS 10/03 & DS 11/06

s_gosney Guest

I'm glad to hear it will work. The truth is that I really want it for Kylee. Unfortunately, she already has WAY too many clothes.

Vajrastorm Guest

If you buy a small size that he can use before summer it should be fine. It gets cool enough some days, and definately during the evening!

liamsmama Guest

We lived in San Diego for several years, and my ds had a bunch of long sleeved outfits and jackets that he wore last winter. It defintely gets chilly enough for an outfit like that.

essnce629 Guest

I live in San Diego and it's definately cold here at night and in the early morning. I've put my heater on every morning for the past 2 weeks. It's even windier and cooler the closer you are to the beach. My son has been wearing pants and long sleeved shirts, long overalls with long sleeved onesies, and one-piece outfits like the one you posted. At night he sleeps in a fleece footed sleeper with a onesie and socks underneath and he still needs to be covered by a blanket. If we're outside after the sun goes down we put a jacket on him. I don't think that outfit is too warm at all.

***Latia
    Conner 8/19/03
    http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/a/aug2003angel
    http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbo...n_gold_12m.gif One year and counting!
    http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/9870.gif

papal Guest

Who knew that it actually got COOL in SoCal. I swear, i never knew that!! I thought it was always in the 70s or something!!
    I think Kylee would look SO cute in that romper.. we are getting the same one too ! :)