vlslusher Guest

Default filenes basement?

a friend just recently told me about this store and there is one here in atlanta (i live in alpharetta) she met a lady in birmingham that had just come from the store with a bag of clothes, the brand mulberribush that she got for $5-6 and outfit. this sparked my curiosity as i always could "use" some more clothes for my kids.
    from talking to other people i have been told this place is very much like a tj maxx, marshalls, ross, etc.
    are there any tips to shopping there? is it off season stuff, last season stuff, etc.

just trying to get the low-down before driving there (about 20 minutes in a perfect world 30-60 minutes in traffic)

thanks!
    ginny

tsem is offline Copper level (50+ posts)

Default RE: filenes basement?

I am in Marietta but used to live in Buckhead and have been to the Filenes Basement here in Atlanta. I think it is really hit or miss- also depends on what you are looking for- sorry not much help! I have two boys and the boys clothing (and prices) is just so-so, the shoes are nice though and good prices. They seem to have more clothes for girls, maybe you would have better luck. It can be a bit of a drive so maybe go on a rainy day (there is an indoor parking deck) when you have a target run to make (target is next door)! Good Luck!
    Traci

jamierush Guest

I live a few miles from Filene's Basement and stop in there 1-2x a month. It is hit or miss, but I have gotten Mulberribush, Fresh Produce and Ralph Lauren there. I would describe it as a combination end of season, last season type place. I just wish they had shoes.

colleenfs is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I live near Boston, so Filene's Basement is a way of life around here! I agree that it is hit or miss, but you can definitely find good bargains if you pop in frequently.

~Colleen
    Mama to Julia 1-10-02
    Baby GIRL! due 7-23-05
    http://lilypie.com/baby4/020110/3/4/0/-5/.png

http://lilypie.com/days/050723/0/25/1/+10/.png

writeleigh Guest

I live in Midtown- but I have a boy and their boy's stuff isn't good at all. Like the others said, it is very hit or miss.