Thread: Formula Stains

Default Formula Stains

I'm sure this is not a new question, but since I am a new Mom and am new to the boards, I will ask. Does anyone have a secret for getting out formula stains? Especially Nutramigen - I heard it stains worse than other formula. Thanks,

ChicagoMama Guest

Default RE: Formula Stains

My youngest was on an elemental formula (digestive issues) called Neocate for a little while, and some of her clothes and mine are just yucky from that period. The stains tended to reappear with time, as well. I have found that Dreft stain remover in the squeeze bottle (not the detergent) works well for those digestive stains from spit-up, formula, etc. I've also had some luck with Oxyclean, but that's pretty hard on clothes with repeated use from what I hear (not supposed to use it on cloth diapers, for example). I use it when I've tried other methods. Also, I wash on cold first, which seems to help with stains, too.

Once they moved to solid food and digging outside in the dirt, Zout worked best for us!

Good luck!
    Becky

Mama to DDs Shelby 09/19/02 and Sydney 10/16/03

lilycat88 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Zout worked on Nutramigen for us. I just treated the clothing and threw it in the wash with everything else on warm.

I'm SO not careful about laundry for the most part.

dowlinal is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Kim,

I used shout stain stick because it didn't require immediate washing. I kept one stick by Madeline's hamper and another by mine and treated everything before I threw them in. I found that once they had sat it was impossible to get some stains out.

A
    A

DD1 02/04
    DD2 01/06
    and twin boys 05/09

jk3 is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Default Shout Action Gel

Works like a charm! Love this product!

Jenn
    DS 6/03

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030603/2/5/1/-5/.png

SummerBaby is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I second the vote for Zout. I also found that All Free & Clear is much better at stains than Dreft (not to mention cheaper). If I have a really stubborn stain I rub it with Fels Naptha (not sure how to spell that) and that takes out EVERYTHING!

Val
    Mom to Madeline
    7/28/04