momathome is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default How does Naartjie run size-wise?

So I think I am finally ready to take the plunge and order from Naartjie. I heard that their tops and pants run differently. Liza is starting to wear a 6x, Kasey is starting to wear a 4t, and Julia is in 0-3 month right now but I am guessing she will be in 3-6 month by summer. What Naartjie sizes would you recomend for my girls? How do their dresses run? TIA!

Default RE: How does Naartjie run size-wise?

BUMP - anyone? Also, do you find it better to email the store or call them? I wish they had an easier ordering process! TIA!

dules Guest

Hi,

For Baby Girl I found pants to run big and tops small, except for swing tops or tunics that have seemed to run true to size.

Last Fall DD was in 12-18 Gymboree and I ordered her 12-18 pants (she's round in the middle so could hold them up) and 18-24 tops (basics) from Naartjie. She has outgrown the Gymboree and the Naartjie pants are getting a little short but they still fit her...I'm amazed that I bought some of these clothes last AUGUST and they are still fitting her now. Great value.

Ordering is anyone's best guess. If you figure out a foolproof way, let us all know, lol.

Hope that helps.

Best,
    Mary

toomanystrollers Guest

I'm picturing three little girls all dressed in Naartjie :)

FWIW, Naartjie bottoms run big - the dresses are pretty true to size (but I hear the newest summer line is running tight on the tops of the dresses). Tess wears a Gymbo size 8 for tops and bottoms. For Naarjie, she wears an 8 top and a 7 bottom.

For your girls, I would guess size 5 bottoms/size 6 tops/dresses for Liza. For Kasey, maybe the size 5 tops and 4 bottoms (because my youngest, Neve, almost 2, can wear a 3 bottom so I think a size 3 would definitely be too small for Kasey) and for Julia, I have no clue on the baby Naartjie sizes!! - Sorry :)

I find calling the stores is a lot easier and with an East Coast time difference, I can call around 7:30 pm (after bedtime) and hit them during the slower part of the day.

HTH

Buffys Mommy Guest

Lauren,

I know this isn't what you want to hear... but call one of the stores and ask about the pieces you are interested in, each line, top/bottom and fabric is different.

The basic rule I go with is, pants run BIG, tops usually a little small and dresses depend on the fabric. I've now purchased all 3 of the new dresses (will post the third picture soon) and have found that 2 of the 3 run a little big, and the third is just way too big. I'll be taking it back for a 12-18 month. I find their knits run truer to size, and their linen fabric is generally big. Sarah is 32 inches tall and 23 pounds and I'm still buying 6-12 month pants in most things for her, with a few of the knit pants in 12-18.

Of course, baby girl and kid girl don't always run the same either. Some lines have had items huge in baby girl, and small in kid girl. I think it was Denise that had purchased a few items in 3T for Amy Grace awhile back.

Based on what I've heard of the new line, I'd probably buy 7's for Liza in tops and dresses and 6's in pants, 4's for Kasey except 3's in pants. I'm not as familiar with their newborn sizing, but I would think 3-6 would be either right on, or big for Julia.

I'm lucky enough to live close to a store, but honestly I think their clothes are worth it, even with the hassle many have to go to to buy. I'm thrilled with this new line and think it's one of the best we've seen from them in awhile. I shop at Valley Fair, but many (myself included) have been happy with the service at Glendale as well.

Tammie
    Momma to Sarah Michelle 10/13/03

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_emerald_18m.gif[/img][/url] 18 months and counting

The only answer to the question "How does Naartjie run size-wise?" is "random".

I read several Naartjie loops just to find out what people are saying about how things run. Usually, I order more than one size and then return or sell on the loops whichever size doesn't work.

The last two lines seemed to run true to size, except the molly poppy poplin blouse; it ran small. I got a 3 for my just-turned-2 year old, and probably should have gone with a 4.

For older lines, the bottoms tended to run large and the tops true to size. But even that depends on the item.

...Karen
    DS Jake Feb 91, DD Logan Mar 03
    http://members.aol.com/khowe14494/superpower.gif http://members.aol.com/khowe14494/bo...breastfed2.gif

Default Pam-

How tall is Neve? Kasey is about 38" tall and I am trying to decide if I should get size 3 or size 4 pants for her. Most of her 3t pants in other brands like Gap, Gymboree, and Osh Kosh still fit her. I am just starting to put her in some 4t stuff. TIA!

toomanystrollers Guest

Default RE: Pam-

I just grabbed the yardstick - she's about 34 1/2" tall :) FWIW, Neve is wearing size 2T gymbo & LE in pants.

We need a size 4 Naartjie mama to chime in here!!