Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    1964pandora is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Buying Hanna ahead-- sizing question for Hanna lovers

Hi. My son is wearing Hanna 70's this winter. Is it pretty safe to assume that he'll be wearing 80's next winter, or is he likely to jump to 90's? Does anyone have a kid who wore 70's one winter, 80's the next winter, 100's the next winter, etc. Thanks!!

Squirrel_M Guest

Default RE: Buying Hanna ahead-- sizing question for Hanna lovers

My daughter wore the Playdress in 70 last Winter, 80 in the Summer and 90 now. She was 2 in October.

Monika

Oops-- I meant, 70's one winter, 80's the next winter and NINTIES the next winter.

jayali Guest

Unless your son is really big, I think the 80s would be fine for next winter. Last year DS was in 70s and I bought ahead and ordered 90s. They are all way too big, so I had to go ahead and pay full price for some 80 stuff! Hanna sizing is generous and 80s are up to 24 months.

trumansmom is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I don't know. DD wore 70s last winter, so I bought a bunch of 80s for the summer and they were HUGE on her. She is just now (at 20 months) starting to *almost* fit in 80s. I wish I had kept her 70s from last year!

Guessing ahead is tough! You'll probably be safe, but there is no way to be certain.

Jeanne
    Mom to Truman 11/01 and Eleanor 4/04
    Independent Consultant, Do-Re-Me & You!

Thanks everyone. I can see that it is really impossible to say... Hopefully, even if I guess wrong, I"ll be able to use what I've purchased for at least PART of the season I purchased it for. Thanks again.

How close is your DS to the end of the height/weight range for 70s? My girls have both been pretty much right in the middle to the big side of the charts for their ages (50-75 percentile) and the Hanna sizes have run pretty much true to the age recommendations for them. My 12 month old is just out of 70s, and some 80s are still too big on her. I expect her to be in 80s through the summer.

It also depends what you're looking at - I think zippers shrink up a bit, so if he is almost outgrowing the 70s in those, you may not be able to use an 80 next year. But, if you buy things at the end of the season on sale, you can almost certainly make your money back reselling them next year. Hannas do well on BBB swap and on eBay. :)

C99 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

He's not likely to skip a size (especially the 80s, which usually fit for at least 10 months) in HA unless he is completely off the charts in height. My son was born at the end of January. He wore 70s for most of the 2003/2004 winter, but moved into 80s in tops just after his 1st birthday. Then he wore 80s in bottoms and 1-pieces and 90s in tops over the 2004/2005 winter. This winter, the 100 tops we have for him are actually bigger than I would like, but the 90 bottoms fit well. He's about 39" and 33 lbs.
    Caroline, mama to DS 01/03, DD 05/05, DS 04/07
    http://littleshoulders.blogspot.com
    "Now that you're here, the word of the Lorax seems perfectly clear. UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not." -- Dr. Seuss

em_jon98 Guest

My dd, who has consistently been 75th for height and around 25th for weight, wore 80's until she was about 28 months. She is now almost 3 1/2, and is still in 90's, but just starting to look like she might be in 100's by the end of winter. And I agree about the zippers shrinking a bit more or just running a bit smaller to size...her 90's zippers don't fit anymore, but her 90's long john sets still fit her just fine.

I wouldn't skip a size. Like Caroline said, most kids wear 80's for quite a while, at least a few seasons, and I have found that the 90's lasted even longer than the 80's. We have been in 90's for an entire year and that has covered two growth spurts that took her out of a lot of other clothes.

Hmm...maybe I just found another justifcation for spending the money on Hannas? They last over multiple growth spurts!!! Ha! Baby Gap and Gymbo can't say that, can they? LOL ;)

HTH!

snowangel Guest

My DD is off the charts for height. She is out of her 70's at 8 months. She is currently wearing 80's comfortably with some growing room. I am sure by next fall/winter she will be in 90's. NUTS!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast