Default Hanna Andersson's NEW price adjustment policy

Backstory:
    I called the 800# to check on the status of a backordered item I was waiting on. When the lady ran down the list of items I had purchased and already received, I mentioned that some of the items had subsequently gone on sale and since it was within the 14-day limit, I was going to store to get a PA, plus pick up some more sale items so I wouldn't have to pay shipping.

She said that HA's new price adjustment policy is they will not do a PA on sale items or items that have already been marked down, even if they get marked down further within 14 days. So you only get PAs on stuff you buy at FULL PRICE that get marked down within 14 days of your purchase. And what are the odds of that??? Especially at Hanna Andersson???

For instance, take some tights that are originally $20 - you see them marked down to $16 and buy them, and a few days later they are further marked down to $10 -- they will not give you a PA for the $6. I realize $6 is not a lot but it's at least a latte. I just think that's crummy. A PA is a PA as long as it's within the 14 days, IMO.

A lot of stores seem to be hardlining their PA policies and instead making customers do the return-and-rebuy dance. I would think that's more hassle to the store than just giving the customer back some $$.

ETA: She did say that some sales associates at the stores may not be aware of this "new" policy so you may be able to get away with PAs at some stores. Now I wonder if that's just what they say to discourage you from getting a PA or if it's true....

What is everyone else's PA experience @ HA?

ctc221 is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Default RE: Hanna Andersson's NEW price adjustment policy

I haven't tried to get a price adjustment recently, but during the big summer sale I bought a lot of items on sale. Literally, 2 days later, everything was marked an additional 20%off. So I tried to get a PA and was denied. So I rebought and returned. But I really hate doing that, especially since HA tends to be so big-brotherish. But an additional 20% is a HUGE difference!

In the news, I've heard of people being banned from shopping at certain stores for too many returns. I'm afraid of that happening to me at HA if I return too much. At the same time, I always give them my phone # in the hopes of getting a code or some other perk for being a "frequent" and "loyal" shopper, but I guess my history of returns can negate that.

AC

DD 02/02
    DS 11/04

"So I tried to get a PA and was denied. So I rebought and returned. But I really hate doing that, especially since HA tends to be so big-brotherish."

I did this at Kittery not to long ago. ASked for a price adjustment and they said no. The item was still on the floor so I picked up a new one, bought that, and returned my item seconds later. The associate literally called the manager and they made a huge and embarrasing fuss about the fact that I was doing a price adjustment--it was frickin ridiculous and I almost left the place.

I few weeks later I placed a phone order from the catalog and the sales associate gave me a $5 credit for something shipping (can't remember specifics), but she made a deal deal about the fact I have spend well over 3k at Hanna in the last two years.

I really hate that the outlets make you feel like they are doing you a favor by letting you get Hanna at lower prices. Outlets don't exist for the good of the company's heart!

ctc221 is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

I've actually never bought and returned on the same day. I usually rebuy whatever I originally bought and then return on my next trip to the store, a slight hassle since the nearest store is 45 min. away.

AC

DD 02/02
    DS 11/04

SuenosDelMar Guest

I e-mailed them a few weeks ago to try to get a PA on some mommy Hanna stuff that went down from $10 to $20 before I even received my items and got a really snotty e-mail back that their PA policy is for regularly-priced items only.

From the tone of the e-mail I thought that had always been the policy and felt kind of stupid for asking, until I recently read here that the policy had changed.

Since they just did another round of markdowns, this is particularly irritating for me. I was just at the store last night and wish I had looked at price tags so I could just have rebought the stuff I just received in the mail YESTERDAY, since I would have saved about $20 on my order. This is starting to make me feel a little like dealing with gymbo. :(

snowangel Guest

All I can say is COMPLAIN! What they are doing is unfair. If it is within the 14 days, I find this policy unreasonable and they are going to lose customers over it.

Plus, a friend of mine got a PA!!!!! She called and because she had bought $700 worth, they told her to just fax in a copy of the original order and they would take care of it rather than re-buying everything.

So, persist, persist, persist!

Edensmum is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I agree, persist. I just ordered a few hundred dollars, much of which will be returned, as I ordered a bigger size for some things she never wore etc.
    I called to see if the order had gone out since the prices dropped again. It will make a big difference on any size order, esp one this size. She said she could do it as a one time thing since it's a new policy. I told her, I am disapointed in this change and she said she would file the complaint, saying this isn't what I expect from Hanna. I told her, I stopped shopping at some of the other large retailers because the policies changed for the worse and I got to be too dificult to deal with them. She said they welcome feedback and that the comments are read and taken seriously.
    So call, and file your compalint!
    I don't want HA to got he way of Gymbo, it is so hard to deal with them I just don't anymore.

dules Guest

I agree, the whole PA thing is a PIA. (lol).

However, when things I've ordered from Hanna have had a second markdown, generally speaking, the sizes/colors I wanted were no longer available. This happened to me this week on an order I placed last week and received yesterday.

I know their new policy and so am just going to deal with it, because I got the items, sizes and colors I liked at what seemed like a good deal to me. I need to just learn to stop checking the site for additional markdowns - that's what drove me away from Gymboree - the incessant extra $$ off, etc. that had me rebuying and returning like a maniac.

Now, if an outfit at Gymboree catches my eye, and I really want it, and it seems like a good deal that day, then I buy it - and then I don't, won't let myself, look back. I need to learn that trick with Hanna too.

Sorry, no advice, just sharing my experience.

Best,
    Mary

nupe is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I don't shop at Hanna (yet anyway) but Talbot's only does PA off regular price. The best PA is at Old Navy or GAP (store--not online)when they scan the bar code on your reciept and it is done quickly. What's the problem with Gymboree exactly?