K-Bear is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Default Clothes for Tall and Skinny Baby

I've started dressing my 3 month old DD in 3-6 month clothing. DD is 95% for height, but only 50% for weight.

All her new pants fit her well in the leg, but the waist always falls down!

What are some clothing brands that are more fitted for a tall and skinny baby?

lilycat88 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default RE: Clothes for Tall and Skinny Baby

I don't have as much knowledge as some of the ladies here but I'll throw out my experience with a *curvier* baby. DD has been at 90-95% on height and weight until recently and she has some curves on her. I've found that some of the Oshkosh pants are narrower. Both jeans and knit pants. I've also found that Gymboree pants don't fit my DD as well as some others. They are too narrow.

Jamelin
    Mom to Susanna born 6/29/2004

StubbyDog Guest

Baby Gap runs narrow and tall. Gymbo for me has always run big...my DD is wearing 12-18 in everything right now except her Gymbo pants. Gymbo knits especially run big IMO.

My DD has always been in the same range, except she's off the chart in height in 50% in weight!

My DS is 75% for height but only 5% for weight. He is 9 mo old and was in 3-6mo pants till the past week - the 6-9mo are just now staying up.

I found that baby gap runs skinnier. I also had some carter's that fit well. Gymbo seemed larger.

I didn't have luck with one piece rompers because if they were long enough he was absolutely swimming in them. So, we do overalls and pants/tops sets.

Good luck! :)
    http://lilypie.com/baby1/060325/3/15/5/-6/.png

hardysmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

My twins are also tall (75th), but very thin (one isn't even on the chart). 50% for weight isn't too bad and I think you'll find stuff.

I can say that Mini Boden waists are HUGE.

We wore a lot of knits when they were younger- Hanna knit pants (like wiggle pants) are good. Zutano also fit us well.

Baby Gap and Old Navy seem to also fit thinner babies. Last summer, We wore the Old Navy cropped jeans when the girls were learning to crawl b/c I could size down the waist and the length didn't matter so much. They were long enough to cover knees when they were on rough terrain and OK looking when they stood. I'm sure they will come out with a couple of styles again this spring.

Oshgosh always seems to run small overall.

Basically, we've given up on pants. We wear a lot of jumper/dresses with tights and a lot of overalls with cute shirts. I'm always looking for interesting sleeves to go under the boys overalls.

Stephanie

trumansmom is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

While lots of Gymbo stuff runs big, their leggings tend to run either true to size or small. My DD is almost 21 months and still fits into 12-18 month Gymbo things with room to grow, but some 18-24 leggings. In particular, the velour leggings run much, much thinner than the regular ones.

Oh, but my DD is a peanut! She's about 22 - 23 pounds and maybe 31 inches.

HTH-
    Jeanne
    Mom to Truman 11/01 and Eleanor 4/04
    Independent Consultant, Do-Re-Me & You!

Gymboree leggings have been a life-saver for us! Lauren is 22 lbs 5 oz. and 34 1/2 inches so most everything falls off. I think she is about 1% for weight. But, she can wear Gymbo leggings as pants.

DebbieJ is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

My son is also tall and skinny and he LIVED in one piece outfits or overalls for a very very long time. Summertime was all about Hanna bold striped rompers.

Now that he is older and one piece outfits aren't exactly appropriate anymore, I discovered Cherokee pants at Target with an adjustable waist. The 2T pair he is wearing today are adjusted as tight as they will go and are still a bit loose, but at least they are long enough!

~ deb
    DS born at home 12/03
    2 year check up: 25 lbs with clothes on and 35 inches!
    BFARed for 20 months and 6 days
    (Breastfeeding After Reduction is possible! www.bfar.org)

http://www.bfar.org/members/fora/sty...onths-bfar.jpg

mapg is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

My kids were tall and thin, all arms and leg. I did the one piece thing as long as possible, Carters was my preferred choice. Then at 6 months when the legs were too short on the biggest footed items I could find, I switched to Gymboree leggings and bodysuits. Good luck, it only gets worse when they hit school age sizes.
    MA