Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Default RE: Shoebuy.com Feedback

My DD has wide feet and I just bought her a pair of Stride Rite guppy sandals from Shoebuy.com. They are true to size (7W). After my discounts I got them for a total of $22.00 and they are $39 in Stride Rite stores.

Ceepa is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default RE: Less expensive but good shoes for wide feet? Where do you go?

Bought my DS some SR shoes (wide ones) two months ago from kidsurplus.com. They were almost 50% off from Stride Rite store/site.

SummerBaby is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default RE: Shoebuy.com Feedback

We got a pair of SR Baby Katy shoes, which were $42 in the store, for less than $30, from Shoe Buy. They took 2 weeks to arrive, that was my only problem.

My problem with them now is that they seem to have a rather limited selection of sizes and styles in everything except sandals. I'm thinking of trying Shoes.com. The prices aren't as good, but the selection is better and you get 7% back from Fat Wallet, and free shippping/returns. There is a 10% coupon if you spend more than $80.

Val
    Mom to Madeline
    7/28/04

Default RE: Less expensive but good shoes for wide feet? Where do you go?

The SR employee told me that my daughter wears a 3.5XW, and they didn't have any sandals that fit. He didn't want to sell me the baby hightops because he said they don't breathe and would be hot for the summer. I ordered some SR in 3.5XW, but I could barely get them on her feet because of her high arches and they were too long.

After reading this thread, I went to Payless. I found some sandals at Payless, size 3, not wide, that fit. They have velcro adjustable straps in the front and back, which I think helps accommodate her wide feet and high arches. I also found a pair of hightop lace-up shoes (typical baby shoe) in a size 4 at Target that fit well. The tag states that they are "by Stride Rite". I did have to put a lot of shoes on her to find some that fit at both Payless and Target (I couldn't even get her feet in some of them), but I found some and neither is a size wide (although Payless does have some styles in wide - check their web site). Both the sandals and shoes were inexpensive and very cute!

http://www.payless.com/Catalog/Produ...iveColor=White

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html...sin=B000CETMOO

I just felt hopeless, so I know how frustrating it can be.

I hope that helps.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3