neeter is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default New items at Gymboree - do you think they will go on sale within the next two weeks?

I'm debating whether to purchase clothing that has been recently released stuff now or at the end of the Gymbucks period (in the hopes that they will go on sale. Of course I'm taking a chance that the items or sizes that I want will be gone, but I'd rather save extra money by waiting... How long does it take for new stuff to go on sale at Gymboree?

Thanks for any advice!

sdbc Guest

Default RE: New items at Gymboree - do you think they will go on sale within the next two weeks?

In my past experience, they wait until after Gymbucks redemption to put things on sale.

Sue, mommy to Aurora (Rory) born 5/13/04

Default RE: New items at Gymboree - do you think they will go on sale within the next two weeks?

Typically there won't be any sales during gymbucks redemption. The PAs would be a nightmare. I am never very excited by gymbucks. Also keep in mind the new line (tutti fruity) is in nice spring colors, it will be gone! One of the next couple of lines should be large and people will be gymbo-ed out. Plus they have already bought a lot of the kids summer clothes. That is always the one I get lots of. So if you don't need/must have anything - wait. There will be some goods sales later. (Says the woman who bought 18 pieces of mix and match winter clothes for under 70.00 and got a gymbuck in the process. ;) )

Karin and Katie 10/24/02

safarimom Guest

I made a purchase today for over $100 while redeeming my Gymbucks so I received a Rise & Shine card which is good for 25% off regular priced merchandise one day only, April 13. This can be redeemed online as well as in store. This would include the new line. Don't know if this helps you or not. I also heard the sales person saying that there would be a red hot dot sale some time in April. This generally is for discounts on previous older lines though.

mapg is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

Thanks for reminding me why I am waiting. I think there will be plenty of merchandise left when the big sale hits, at least that has been my experience in the past. I skipped Gymbucks this time, it was hard but there wasn't anything we needed.
    Is it cold where anyone else is?
    MA

There are usually no markdowns during gymbucks redemption. Frequently, they will do it right after the redemption period is over. However, it the line was just released, it probably still won't be mark downed after the redemption period. (I thought I read somewhere that they mark down a line 6 weeks after it get released.)
    Mommy to 2 DS's (2003 and 2007)

neeter is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Thanks for your help everyone! I decided to go ahead and make my purchases now, since its unlikely they will be marked down and I wanted the best selection on sizes. I appreciate all your help! :)

If you are interested in the daisy chain stuff - it's going fast. Some items like the flyaway top in baby girl are sold on online and aready on ebay for more than the retail value.