Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    kboyle Guest

Default Entertaining Elephants sizing question *UPDATE ON SIZING*

i posted this in another EE thread, but no one commented, and i just wanted all the EE buyers to know how my experience went:

the sizing is a bit wonky on the new fall wide legged pants. i also ordered a pair from last year and there is a BIG difference. the waist seems to be bigger than last years style, all over it seems to be a much looser pant. AND, i ordered a babies lg & accidentally got a sz 2 and there is about a 3" difference in length, where there is only a 1/2-1" difference between 2 & 4. hope that helps. :)

julie from jaminga has great cs, and if you call about any sizing questions she can help you out.

hth!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    kcandz or jacksmommy, hopefully one of you see this!!!

how does their sizing run? charlie is in a 3T in about everything now and they only do 2 or 4, how do their waistbands run, are they looser, or more tight fitting? i don't really care about length right now since i'm planning on ordering a few pairs of the crop knit pants and if they are long, no big deal...i just need to make sure the waist fits.

i don't see a sizing chart on their site, and since i'm in ohio i have a few hours before the west coast "wakes up" :) to make a call.

TIA!!! hopefully you see this!!

neeter is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default RE: Entertaining Elephants sizing question

hi -- i just placed an order through EE and recently received it (they are having a summer sale now). i would say that the tops are true to size, and the pants are on the smaller size. i didn't find the waists to be too tight, in my opinion. i ordered ahead for next summer.

i just placed another order for fall stuff through www.jaminga.com (prices seem better and the fall stuff is up). for my son, who is currently wearing 2T, i ordered 2T tops and 4T pants. i think the pants will be a little long for him now, but i can just roll up the waistband.

i would recommend jaminga.com. the owner, julie, is really helpful and kind. she helped with sizing on my order, and you can also ask for her advice.

good luck!

I concur that the tops run true to size and that the pants are slightly narrow. I'd say go for 4s for your DS, 2 will definitely be too small. I like Julie from Jaminga as well, she is more web savvy than the EE store - they are basically a retail operation with a website. Still, gotta love their stuff!

Laurel
    Mama to Jack 6/02 and Maddy 12/04

Babywearing education in Napa, CA

I agree with PPs. Go with the 4. The elastic waists are pretty stretchy. My DD is almost 17 months, average weight, but tall and the 2's fit her fine in the waist.

Although, I have heard that the baseball Ts run big. You might want to ask about those if interested.

kboyle Guest

thanks mamas, ok, so definately 4s for charlie, but what about max. should i go ahead and order the babies lg (12-24) or should i go with sz 2s? he's wearing 12-18mo clothes fine right now. again, i don't care if they are long, just want the waist to fit.

i'm thinking of ordering some 6s for next year too!

Well I don't have much experience with the 2s but I'd say that if you're ordering for next summer, definitely go with 2s for Max.

Laurel
    Mama to Jack 6/02 and Maddy 12/04

Babywearing education in Napa, CA

I don't know if this helps, but my 17 month old has the cropped pants in 2s. They fit great as regular pants right now. So maybe that's an option to get more use out of the pants?

I love the EE stuff, but have not been impressed with their customer service when I've called with sizing questions. They really need a size chart to be seling online, IMO. I did learn from speaking with them that they are tweaking the design of the boys' cropped pants (and maybe all pants?) for next year. I ordered some in babies' large and some in boys' 2 - thinking that DS could wear the larges this summer and the 2s as full-length pants this fall and maybe as cropped by spring/summer. WELL ... it turned out that the waist was actually much smaller on the 2s than the babies'!! Weird. My 14-month-old seems a little constricted by the little 2 waistband, even now! The babies' larges seem pretty comfy in the cropped pants -- but the wide-leg jeans have a tiny waist. I think the shirts seem true-to-size or slightly small -- except the baseball tees, which are HUGE. All in all, pretty confusing. They're lucky the stuff is so darn cute ...

HTH,
    Emilie, mama to Henry

In reference to the soft pull-on pants, of which I seem to have in every color for - DC is on the skinny side, and wore large until about 26 months. So I think you are fine with large if your younger DS is wearing them now. As PP have said true-to-size. The pants are so floppy, it actually can be aggravating to have them a bit long. I never cared before for lots of other pants, but these dragged in a way that seemed bothersome. I did have DC in cropped 2s at 18 months or so though - the elastic waist seems not too big, KWIM?

For the regular tees, I had one that was marked size 2 but very small, I think it was mismarked. Otherwise no problems. Again, DC has worn 24 months for a month or two longer so I may not be the best judge. I only get their tees and the pull-on pants, so I can't speak to their other designs' fit. Very interesting to hear they are doing some redesigning.

I agree with PP that said EE is a small retail shop with a website, and not a B&M/web retailer. I have ordered from the web and been to the store - they are certainly a small independent business. I find that appealing but it can be frustrating sometimes too.

HTH

kboyle Guest

Default RE: Emile, question for ya!

emilie,

i'm looking to get max a pair of cropped & a pair of the knit wide legged too. did you order a few of each pants that you KNOW that the waistband on the 2s are consistently smaller than the babies large? or do you think it was a sizing fluke with just the pants that you ordered? if the waistband on the 2s is in fact smaller i think i'm going to order a sz 2 cropped and a babies lg wide legged.

what do you think? hopefully you see this soon so i can order tonight :)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast