lilycat88 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default Gloves on a String - Do they Exist?

Looking for Gloves on a string...not mittens...gloves. Does such a thing exist?

Thanks,

Jamelin
    DD Susanna 6/29/04

newmomto3kids Guest

Default RE: Gloves on a String - Do they Exist?

I think I read somewhere that they are considered a strangulation hazard. I may be wrong, but that might be why you are having trouble finding them. I think now you find clasps on the gloves that match up to little loops on the inside sleeve cuff of the coats.
    I suppose any gloves could be made to be on a string with a little yarn or ribbon.

lilycat88 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Mittens on a string are abundantly available on the Hanna website but there isn't a glove on a string to be found. Daycare likes the string things and DD likes gloves. *sigh* I guess I'm going to have to find the ONE crafty cell in my body and see what I can come up with. Of course, the temp is going to bottom out tomorrow.

Just take a long piece of yarn and sew the gloves on to the ends. You could probably even thread the yarn itself through the gloves, if they're knit and not waterproof - you'd just need to use a big, blunt ended embroidery needle.

Good luck!

I saw mitten/glove clips at target yesterday. They were only ~$4 if you're not crafty.

HTH.
    Maritess