Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default What size hannas are/were your 14 month olds in?

DD is in 70s now at 12 months, I just don't see the 80s fitting in the spring....

barbarhow Guest

Default RE: What size hannas are/were your 14 month olds in?

Anna is pretty petite but at 21 months she is swimming in her 80s.
    Barbara-mom to Jack 3/27/03, a Red Sox fan
    and Anna 5/12/05, my little Yankee fan!

dylan is 2 this months and wears an 80 just fine. he was in 70s over the summer, at 18 months and 50th percentile. for spring, i would stick with 70s. maybe some 80s for the summer.
    Liza has been hangin' around this board for six years.

My sons are 4 and 6. And they are very loud.

C99 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

DD was in 70/80 at 14 months. It depended on the item. In one-pieces or things w/ long pants, she wore 80s. In shorts sets, because she was 14 months over the summer, she could get away with 70s. She has consistently been in the 90-95%tile for height, though, and I think that had a lot to do with it. She's already outgrown the size 80 leggings in her PD/DD from this fall.
    Caroline, mama to DS 01/03, DD 05/05, DS 04/07
    http://littleshoulders.blogspot.com
    "Now that you're here, the word of the Lorax seems perfectly clear. UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not." -- Dr. Seuss

BeachBum is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I think it is going to depend on the specific item. My DS is 16 mo, and although the 80s are still very roomy- he couldn't wear 70s in any romper style. He as been in 80 zippers since a year. His 80 soft landing pants are still pretty big on him.

I agree that it depends on the item. My DD is over 100% in height and weight, so she's a big kid...I started putting her in 80s in the fall (she was about 10-11 months) and they were big on her. She's solidly in them now and they should fit through the winter, but they're starting to get snug. That said, she has a pair of 70 wiggle pants that still fit and a pair of 80 loose leggings that are too big.

I bought some spring sale stuff in 80s during a sale in the summer that I'm not sure is going to fit. But, then I bought 90s from the current sale that I'm not sure will fit either. I figure with HA, you just keep the tags on and you can either return or resell! :)
    Jessica

babymama is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

My 12 mo. old DD is in 70s now, but I bought her 80s for spring. She is only 15th percentile in weight and is 50th percentile in height. I bought her 80s bc my son (3 yrs) got 2 summers out of his 80s and on some items (that ran large) he even got 3 summers out of it. 80s lasted forever for him. Today he's wearing an 80 fleece jacket that I bought him and he wore when he was 11 months old. He still wears it comfortably. I figured I would go ahead with the 80s for DD bc even if they are a tad big for spring - I will probably get 2 spring/summer cycles out of them like I did with my son. Hope this helps!

Lydia
    Mama to 2 sweet babies

Oh what fun it is to potty train & BF at the same time!

My DD is now a solid size 80 at 18 months. We put her in 80 zippers starting at 10 months and they were huge but wearable. I think it depends on the item. For example, her 80 PD fits but 80 leggings are way short. I'm glad I bought a 90 in the leggings, they fit well. BTW, the 90 wiggle pants she has are really big on her. She is 29 lbs and 33 inches. HTH!

My 14 month old wears mostly 80s now with lots of room to grow. She still wears her 70 playdress but it is a swing top on her now. She wears 12-18 in everything else. HTH

Allison
    Mama to DD 11/05

At 14 months, DS was in 80s. But he's a big kid (I think he was 95th percentile for height at that point). You could check the CDC website for the growth charts and estimate your child's height and weight based on her current percentiles. That might help you guess which size.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast