Jen0603 Guest

Default JC Penney's Nursing clothes too big

I just ordered 2 sleeping outfits from Penney's for myself for when I will be breastfeeding (i.e. w/nursing slits). They are considered "maternity" and thus are in the maternity section of the catalog. Without putting much thought into it, I ordered my normal size of Medium. When they came in, I tried them on and they fit perfectly, maybe even a tad big...only I am 7 months pregnant! I didn't even think about the fact that 6 months down the road, after baby is born and I am nursing, I don't plan on being the size I am now. :o The problem: They will be way to big and frumpy by the time I really need them. So, I guess I should have ordered a size smaller? Some of you probably already knew this, but I didn't. So, I am posting this for any of you who don't already know this.

Jennifer
    EDD 6/03/03

jubilee Guest

Default RE: JC Penney's Nursing clothes too big

That's funny, I just got a few nursing tops from Motherhood Maternity thinking that I'd be able to wear them now... however no way! I've got too much belly! Once I deliver I believe they will fit great. Interesting the differences between the stores.

Rachels is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Then again, if you're like many of us, you'll ditch the nursingwear anyway because it's too much of a pain to try to shove a breast through a slit in the fabric in the dark with a crying baby waiting. It's easier to life your shirt. :)

-Rachel
    Mom to Abigail Rose
    5/18/02
    Rachel

Mama to Abby (5) and Ethan (2)

When you know better, you do better.
    -Maya Angelou

Jen0603 Guest

Yeah, you're probably right. I'll just end up taking the whole darn shirt off - ha ha. I guess I was thinking of using these as "lounge clothes" for the 1st couple of days/weeks for when we may have visitors. They are pretty conservative (i.e. boxers & shirt). Oh well, none of this will matter once baby gets here anyway. There will be other, more important things to worry about. ;)