yhtking Guest

Default Teething Questions - Help!

DS is almost 6 months old. His first two teeth came out a little before Thanksgiving. He has been waking up around 1 or 2 in the morning for the past week. Sometime he will fall back to sleep chewing on something. Tonight he has been screaming forever and ever. I need some help or advice. He won't take any of the teething toys. I thought he was hungary, but he didn't want to eat eihter. He just screamed his lungs out. Ugh! I desperately need some help and advice!

Thanks.

JElaineB is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default RE: Teething Questions - Help!

If you think he is waking because of teething, have you tried giving him some Tylenol or Ibuprofen before bed? Or at least when he wakes up. That might help ease the discomfort.

Jennifer
    mom to Jacob 9/27/02

motrin or advil really help us a lot. he has two on the bottom, one on the top, and one hovering on the top. i want that last one to come in, gosh darn it! he has been waking up once or twice a night for over a month and it is killing me. i hate the feeling of not knowing if his teeth hurt, his tummy hurts, he is hungry, or he just needs some snuggles.

i would try some motrin or advil and see if it helps! it worked wonders for us!
    Liza has been hangin' around this board for six years.

My sons are 4 and 6. And they are very loud.

barbarhow Guest

Hylands teething tablets-You can get them at a health food store or some pharmacies have them. They are a miracle cure or at least were for us. I use 3 of them every 6 hours. 1 at a time allow it to dissolve between the cheek and gum (sounds like a chewing tobacco ad) then take your finger and massage it onto the gums. That combined with Advil/motrin should really help. Advil has antiinflammatory properties that Tylenol doesn't so for teething it generally will work better. HTH.
    Barbara-mom to Jack 3/27/03

yhtking Guest

Is there baby Advil? Are there any liquid form? He just went down at 9:00 tonight and woke up screaming 45 minutes later. Ugh, I just don't know if his tummy hurts or hurting from teething. His second tooth came out. How long is this suppose to last? Ugh.....it's killing all of us.....Thanks.

momma_boo is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Yes, they have baby advil that's in a liquid form so that babies can take it.

Our DD has been waking up occassionally in the middle of the night screaming also and both of her bottom teeth are out. I find that giving her the ibuprofen (aka Advil) helps a lot. If she seems uncomfortable and fussy before bed, we'll give her some before nursing her.
    Esther

2 March girls (2003 and 2005)

yhtking Guest

How long does it take for the bottom two to come out totally? DH said DS' two are coming out but note completely. That is why he is being fussy. The babysitter said he was fussy and crying all day and not napping well either. Ugh.....

Thanks.