cchavez is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default speaking of allergies....is yogurt ok?

Awhile back there was a post about baby yogurt. It seems that some parents were feeding their babies yogurt at around the 8 month mark. My ped recommends yogurt at 9 months. WEll, Diego is 8.5 months and he has Stonyfield Organics baby yogurt for the first time yesterday. He loved it! He also had is for breakfast today. Did I introduce the yogurt too soon?

Diego is formula fed and drinks the milk based Enfamil LIPIL.

Thanks.

flagger Guest

Default RE: speaking of allergies....is yogurt ok?

At our six month appointment, our pedi said it was ok to begin Yogurt with no family history of lactose intolerance on either side.

Default RE: speaking of allergies....is yogurt ok?

I was reading those posts about yogurt, too, and decided to try it with my baby who was 8.5 months at the time. Although I didn't get what I would consider an allergic reaction, she did have diarrhea (4 or 5 liquidy poopy diapers in the space of a couple hours), so I decided it was too early for her. I also introduced cheese not longer after that without the same reaction, so I don't think it was a problem with dairy. Perhaps some babies just need to mature more to be able to digest yogurt cultures? In any case, something to watch for if you do try now.

Anne