bluej Guest

Default I need a boob lift...warning way TMI and somewhat graphic!

I know, you are thinking 'well we would all *like* a boob lift, but no one *needs* a boob lift.' Well, yes, actually I do need one. Ryden has decided that sitting up and nursing is how he wants to eat. Why and how he has come to this conclusion is beyond me, but as far as I can figure, it's not comfortably possible. Granted, I haven't worked on it much. My boobs just so happen to be perfectly placed for cradle feeding (I know, how sad). Ryden thinks they should be right at about my chin. I never experienced this w/ my other two. They happily let me cradle them while they ate, so I have no idea if this is normal, possible or should even be encouraged. I am picturing NIP as not even being remotely possible if this is how he is going to want to eat. So far on the few occassions I let him sit and nurse he was on my lap facing me and I had to lift my breast and hold it for him. But then he gets tired as he usually does when he's nursing and he wants to lay his head down so he ends up twisting my nipple so he can rest his head on my chest. We usually nurse in the recliner in his room. So, if I were to work on this w/ him (which I'm still not sure I should encourage this), do I use the couch and sit him next to me & facing me so he's more at breast level? Has anyone experienced this? Any advice at all?

sntm is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default RE: I need a boob lift...warning way TMI and somewhat graphic!

not much advice, only having seen a boob lift, i don't think it's very compatible with BFing. perhaps even worse than a reduction.
    sorry, no extreme plastic surgery makeover for you now!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    shannon
    not-even-pregnant-yet-overachiever
    trying-to-conceive :)
    PREGNANT! EDD 6/9/03
    mama to Jack 6/6/03

mharling Guest

No advice, ds does the same thing! Yes, NIP is more difficult. But I find I don't do it as often now since he goes longer between feedings.

Actually, one thing that did help was to let him sit while I laid on my side facing him (nursing on the 'top' boob). But that gets you ever further away from ever possibly NIP!!

I tried not to encourage it, but honestly didn't feel like there was much I could do. He actually nurses pretty quickly right now, so it doesn't bother me as much as it used to.

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/2303.jpg Mary & Lane 4/6/03
    http://www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=...21b346cc5b6556 - New pics 1/26

bluej Guest

Ah, laying down, never thought of that! Yeah, there's an image for you...laying on those couches they have placed throughout the mall so Ryden can sit and nurse! My other vision was having to pull up a chair for him at the food court and have him nurse sitting next to me. Unfortunately Ryden is now nursing longer than ever before. He use to be fairly quick, but now's more of a leisurely eater :( I hope this is just a phase and a short one at that.

Not sure how tall Ryden is, so don't know if it would work (sounds like not?) but in a pinch I've nursed Caleb in public recently using a pouch in hip carry position. Yes, I had to put him a tad lower than I would normally comfortably carry him that way, but it worked great to pull the excess fabric up around his shoulders and let him nurse. It was pretty discrete, too.

It is sad, though, how such a wonderful thing can do such nasty things to our boobs, huh? Good luck.
    Lynne
    Mommy to Caleb 3/3/03

lynettefrancois Guest

This may be a dumb suggestion, but how about a modified football hold? Maybe sitting him next to you facing backward, and at least maybe you wouldn't have to hold your boob? I am still having to hold mine at 2.5 months, and it is frustrating! We NIP even though we aren't very good at it and probably flash quite a few people, lol! (Where did my modesty go?!? Oh well...) DD is not always happy to do a cradle position, so we are stuck with a cross cradle in public, with me holding my boob with my elbow sticking way out- not exactly discreet. But if she's hungry, I don't care what people think. Nursing in a sling is worth a shot too, I think, even though I haven't a clue how to do it. :) We are still working on just getting in to ours. :) Good Luck!

DS did this briefly. I found that reclining a little bit helped us get in a better position. Also, I did nurse him staight on a few times, where DS sat directly facing me. For us, this phase was short-lived. Hopefully it will be for you too.
    Mommy to Justin (13 years) & Ashlyn (8 years)

spu Guest

My babies nurse sitting up too (or more like they kneel on the floor next to me and nurse). Once in a while else will want to sit in the cradle position, but more often than not, she just kneels next to me and I sit on the floor. In public,they're getting pretty distracted, so nursing is pretty short, and they often times want to keep switching sides, but my clothes and nursing bra sometimes help 'align' everything with the babies' positions.

Isn't it amazing how the books and the early days stress proper alignment, tummy to tummy, straigth necks, ears parallel with shoulders... somewhere, all that went out the window when they could help themselves!

Good luck!

susan

twin girls 7.20.02
    charlotte + else

http://sunger2.home.comcast.net/bash/nonflash/year.html