Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    jennfier Guest

Default Today's Kids Infant-Toddler Playland

Does anyone have any experience with this 6-panel play yard ? Can it be pushed around by a determined toddler ? How does this compare to Kidco's Playden ?

My baby is 9 months old (22.5 lbs) and I will be starting work soon. He will come to work with me and I hope to put him in something where he can play and sleep. I don't know whether to go with Pack 'n Play's or these paneled play yards. If I go with the paneled play yards, he would have more space but I would have to find some other place to put him to sleep.

Any advice will be appreciated ! Thanks. :)

suzska Guest

Default RE: Today's Kids Infant-Toddler Playland

My son use to nap in his PlayDen. We have it sitting on a rug, and his baby quilt is also on the floor. And his Boppy pillow is in there. I know, it says not to let a baby sleep on a Boppy pillow on the pillow, but he was fine because we were always around. Now he just naps in the crib (since we got over the need to be around him when he naps). They do sell the PlayDen with the pad, but we wanted extra panels so we couldn't use that one. We love our PlayDen. Our son is now 15.5 months old, and he still plays in it. We have it in our TV Room (takes up most of the room....) and now when I ask him if he wants to watch a video, he walks into the PlayDen and points at the TV as if he has the remote in his hand! (We recently bought him a Weemote2 in hopes that he will leave our remotes alone.)

I don't know how the one you're asking about compares to the PlayDen. I will say that you can't fold up the PlayDen and put it away--not without unassmebling the entire thing. Personally I think a child as old as your son would get little "bored" in a pack-n-play, but I could be wrong.

I did find this link to reviews:

http://www.epinions.com/kifm-B-BEqui...ddler_Playland

mommymaria Guest

We bought the Today's Kids playyard for my son (I thinks he was about 8 months old) and returned it after a few days of use. He would push it all around the room, and this was before he was crawling and really mobile! Based on some of the postings here from Sue (aka suzska) we ended up buying the Kidco playden with some extensions and are all much happier.

My son is now 10 months old and still occasionally plays and naps in his pack 'n play. But he does not like to stay in there for extended periods of time.

Maria

Cara Guest

We got this play yard when my baby was 6 months old and she still uses it at 13 months. We put it on top of those alphabet foam squares and it is very colorful and nice. No comparison with a dull pack and play. We have never used it as a place to sleep, but I suppose that if your baby can sleep on the foam squares, that could be a possibility. The pack and play mattresses are very thin, so it must not be much more comfortable. At 13 months, and not YET 20 pounds, my baby, who is very active, is able to move it around especially if I remove the foam squares as it will then slide on the wooden floors. I would say it depends on the surface you put it on. For me the Kidco's Playden looks so much like a cage that it should only be for pets and not for kids. Just my opinion!

suzska Guest

Yeah, but Evan loves playing in his "cage." And dad or I can fit in there with him. It also means I don't have to completely kid-proof the TV/Computer Room, yet. Because of where the PlayDen is, he can't get to the TV. I'm sure he'll find a way soon enough.

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Sue, where did you find the best price on the Playden? We just got two of the Kidco ConfigureGates for our TV room (for $120 each, YIKES!, but it's cheaper than having to replace our TV and stereo equipment). I am thinking about the playden for our office/computer room. As you say, it is just too hard (if not impossible) to babyproof our office. Also, did you look at the Superyard XT? How does this compare to the Kidco? It is half the price, but that doesn't matter if it is not as safe or secure.

I looked at the Today's Kids Playland, but it seems to me it would not be hard at all for a toddler to quickly figure a way out. Also, I really like that you can get the extensions for the PlayDen and the Superyard.
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

Cara Guest

>Also, I really like that you can get the extensions
    >for the PlayDen and the Superyard.

Extensions are also available for Today's Kids Playland.

suzska Guest

The best price I found (online) was at Baby Catalog. I was buying so much stuff that I got the membership for the 10% discount.

I didn't see a Superyard in person, but I don't like that fact that there isn't a gate, and I didn't like all that criss-crossing plastic--I was afraid Evan would try to climb out. If you don't have the gate you have to lift the child over to get them in and out. And you have to climb over if you want to join them. Evan can walk in and out by himself now--we just have to open/close the gate.

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Ah. That makes sense. Thanks!
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

nywifey Guest

Default Playden w/Pad

Anyone know where I can see this in person??? I love the idea of it coming with a pad since we have hard wood floors.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast