AEMclane Guest

Default Hook on chair for tables

Hi - I'm trying to find a hook on chair to bring to restaurants, for picnic tables, etc. Can anyone recommend a good chair? Thank you!

APG Guest

Default RE: Hook on chair for tables

the me too seat. I have this and love it. Its the only hook on seat that can fit in your diaper bag. they have it at buy buy baby and on babycenter.com.

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I completely agree about the Me Too seat. It is great! We took ours to Europe (fit in hubby's carry-on, my diaper bag is too small :) ) and couldn't have lived without it. It is great for picnic tables. It fits most restaurant tables, although if the table has a lip it may not fit (but usually will). But this is a problem with all hook-on seats. We especially like to use it in restaurant booths, since we can hook Sarah on the inside of the booth, away from the path of the wait staff.
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

sntm is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Inglesina makes one too, but it may be for more permanent attachment

shannon
    not-even-pregnant-yet-overachiever

p.s. and I saw a Chicco one in One Step Ahead, the baby catalog, in the cool space pattern
    shannon
    ~~~~~~~~~~~
    Another Queen of the House of Boys:
    DS#1 2003
    DS#2 my mother's day gift 2012
    DH
    Mikey, the cat and rhinestone-collared, pink-leashed Schatze, our Rottweiler girl

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I had not seen the Inglesina seat before. The Me Too seat looks a LOT sturdier. It has two absolutely HUGE C clamps that attach the seat to the table. That seat is not going anywhere. My husband, the engineer, was concerned about using a hook-on chair, but he has complete confidence in the Me Too seat. I really think those two clamps could hold ME sitting at the table! :)

Check out http://www.metooproducts.com/

HTH,
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

dominodong Guest

I'll second that. Me Too is great.

vsmommy123 Guest

Last year when I was where you are now, I bought the Graco hook on chair (~$30). The problem I found w/ the hook on chair is that they don't fit on most tables. After buying that I found the Safety 1st portable chair (~$17) which fits almost every situation we stopped using the hook on chair. This portable chair is plastic, so it's lightweight (the hook on was heavy and awkward), has two safety straps to attach to the chair and has rubber feet under it if you just sit it on a bench-type seat. It has it's own tray which is nice too. It folds up easily and you can't beat the price!

Elaine Guest

We got the Chicco portable hook-on from One Step Ahead catalog. We use it at home as well as restaurants. So far it has worked on every table/booth we've tried it on. It is soooo much better than some of the grungy (and unsafe!) high chairs they provide in restaurants! It has a very nice washable, padded fabric seat with a safety strap. It's good up to 33 lbs. so it will get lots of use. One caveat: it doesn't really fold up very compactly. We paid $60 and I think it was well worth it.