Default Sunscreen recommendations

So here we are in the southwest, mid 80's! Our pediatrician has given us the okay to use sunscreen. Our baby has sensitive skin (and had one flare-up of eczema). What sunscreen do you use or recommend?

Thanks!

Lisa and Baby
    Lisa
    Emma 11/02
    Adam 2/07
    Their hands may be small but their feelings are just as big as ours.

blnony Guest

Default RE: Sunscreen recommendations

I would really recommend the Kiehl's sunscreen. We use their baby products because DD has very very sensitive skin. We've tried almost everything, and Kiehl's products have worked great for us. It is a bit pricey, but its been worth it for us. If you do a search on baby bath products, there is a link to a site that reviews things like this for babies, and the site also recommended it. But a search here would probably be a good idea.

Where is Kiehl's sunscreen available?
    Mommy to Justin (13 years) & Ashlyn (8 years)

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I have always used Neutragena brand sunscreens. I love their "no stick" formulation that go on like lotions and don't leave a sticky mess. I have used this sunscreen all over the world: from the equator in Africa to the Caribbean and I have never had a problem. I am VERY fair skinned and have never burned with this sunscreen. I used it on Sarah in Jamaica a few weeks ago and it worked great on her.

HTH,
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

My daughter has had ezcema since she was very little and our pediatrician recommended Vanicreme sunscreen (which I had to order over the internet) or the Sensitive Skin Neutrogena line. I've used both on Caleigh and she was fine with both.

parkersmama Guest

We usually use the Coppertone Water Babies sunscreen. The spray on kind is very easy to use. I don't think there is a problem using regular sunscreen on children but I have one caution...the baby sunscreens are formulated to not sting if it gets in their eyes (sweat and water make it run sometimes). Regular sunscreens don't have this feature and can really burn the eyes!

blnony Guest

you can look at kiehls.com or at Nordstorms.