MyChubbyBaby Guest

Default HELP! Need a high chair for a chubby baby

Hi all, I am new - my name is Deana and I am the mother of 3 children - My youngest is almost 9 month old and is about 25 to 26 pounds. She is a completly Breastfed baby and we wanted to get her a high chair. I need help. Please give me guidence. I have a chubby - tall baby so I need a high chair that will be comfortable for her and easy for me. I have heard so much about Baby Trend, Chicco Mamma, Fisher Price Health Choice, Zooper Peas and Carrotts and Combi - which one should I get and since she is older - which do you allrecommend. Thank you so much!

Rachels is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default RE: HELP! Need a high chair for a chubby baby

Welcome! I would skip the FP chair and maybe look at the Chicco instead. It's a great chair and a good choice for a bigger baby.

-Rachel
    Mom to Abigail Rose
    5/18/02
    Rachel

Mama to Abby (5) and Ethan (2)

When you know better, you do better.
    -Maya Angelou

MyChubbyBaby Guest

Thank you - It is so hard to find a baby gear for a chubby baby. Is Chicco easy to clean and use? - why do you think I should skip FP - too tight?

Deana
    Mother to
    Marina (9)
    Nickolas (6)
    and our little gift from God - Marisa Nickole 8 months 7/3/02

Rachels is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Yep, too tight. The Chicco is great. I have a little peanut, and we wound up returning the Chicco because it just swallowed her up. The FP fits her much better-- it's a smaller seat with a closer tray. But I think the Chicco is a nicer seat.

-Rachel
    Mom to Abigail Rose
    5/18/02
    Rachel

Mama to Abby (5) and Ethan (2)

When you know better, you do better.
    -Maya Angelou

lukkykatt Guest

I would definately look at the Chicco. One of the main reasons I got it was due to its nice roomy seat, which we needed too! DS used it until he was two -after awhile I lowered the seat a bit, took off the tray and just pushed it right up to the table. He could have kept using it like that for some time, but I needed to move him out of it so his little brother could start using it.

I have had no problems with this seat, and I imagine that it is as easy to clean as any other high chair.

Good luck!

Definitely skip the FP Healthy Care chair. We have it and it definitely would NOT work for a chubby child. I have tosay that it works well for taller, skinnier babies though. I love it for DS.

HTH,
    Candy
    Mommy to Matt, 5/22/02
    Candy

Matthew 5/02
    Ethan 10/07
    Praying for Pink in 2013/2014

I have the Chicco and love it! My DD has been using it since 4 months and it is very roomy.. She is large (20 lbs at 4 months, 30 lbs at 18 months) and she isn't getting too big for it yet (she will probably just be in a booster w/in the next couple months since she wants to be a big girl, but that's another story!)

Good luck!!!
    Mary

MyChubbyBaby Guest

Thank you - I am going to look at the chicco - here comes the next section - which type of Chicco and I was going to look for some deals online - any links you all like to use?

Deana