Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    cchavez is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default I didn't realize the Eurotub was so huge! Should we still get it?

We have a big house so space is not really the issue. We were hoping to bath baby downstairs in the kitchen area initially and then later on move him into the regular tub using the Eurotub inside. But is it a pain to fill the tub, drain it and store it if you are using it on a counter top? Also, I think I am too short to use it on our kitchen couner tops since it is so large. Plus I don't think we can use it in our baby bathroom b/c there is not enough room b/w the double sinks.

There is a good chance I may need a c-section so I won't be doing much bending over for awhile. Although, I know the baby will get a sponge bath for the first few weeks.

Should we get a smaller tub to use for the first few months and then move ont to the Eurtotub when DS get a little older?

If I don't get this tub what is the next best choice? Thanks.

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default RE: I didn't realize the Eurotub was so huge! Should we still get it?

I had a Safety 1st tub that I really liked. Mine is no longer manufactured, but is similar to the "Comfy Bath Center" pictured here: http://www.safety1st.com/bathtubs/41646.html

It was the perfect size to bathe a baby in the kitchen sink, which is what I did until Sarah was 6 months old. We loved this tub. It also came with a little pitcher, which I still use to wash her hair. I have a small storage closet in my kitchen and I stored it in there with no trouble.

In my opinion, the Eurotub is for use in the bathtub, NOT the kitchen. It was a very sorry day for me when Sarah outgrew this tub.

HTH,

Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

mharling Guest

There's a new smaller tub, also by Primo, that would be appropriate for kitchen sink bathing. I had a chance to see it at BRU yesterday and may get it. It's only $8, so at that price there's not a huge investment involved if you want the EuroBath later.

Mary
    EDD 4/5/03

cchavez is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I wound up registering for a safety first tub at BRU but if anyone has experienece/reviews about the smaller Primo tub let me know. Thanks.

We have the EuroBath and love it. DS is 7 months old and we still bathe him in the EuroBath on the island in our kitchen. It's great! It is somewhat heavy to carry from the sink to the island, though, so normally DH handles that task. If I'm doing it myself, I partially fill the tub at the sink and then finish filling it by pouring water from a bowl or Tupperware container into the Eurobath. If you're not tall enough to use it on the counter, you could always stand on a small stool. BTW, I do not think that you could use the Eurobath on a standard countertop due to size but it's perfect for an island.
    Mommy to Justin (13 years) & Ashlyn (8 years)

Personally, I saw no need for an infant bathtub. Especially one as HUGE as the Eurotub (my sister has it). I have a decent sized house too and couldn't figure out where I would store any baby bathtub. LOL

When dd was really tiny, I sunk her foam cushion in water in the bathroom sink. That way all the shampoo, soap, towel and such were close at hand, in the bathroom. When she was too big for laying reclined in the bathroom sink, I used the Snug tub inside the big bathtub (it suction cups to the wall of the shower to hang dry when you're done). Actually, with dd #2, she graduated directly to the big tub with her big sis. LOL

I've also used the kitchen sink for a baby who's sitting up. But it's a pain to me to drag everything I need to the kitchen for a bath. LOL Call me lazy I suppose, but I find it's easier not to deal with 100 different pieces of baby equipment that each have one specific use. :) JMHO!
    ~~AngelaS~~
    Mommy to 3 girls: A, G and M. (15, 11 and 8.5)

The education of all children, from the moment that they can get along without a mother's care, shall be in state institutions at state expense.
    – Karl Marx, "The Communist Manifesto"

anna lisa Guest

Thanks Beth.

After reading your comments about the Safety 1st Comfy tub, I switched it on my registry. I had the Eurotub on it and now that I think about it, that thing is just too large for our apt. I have a small NYC kitchen and a small bathroom where on earth would we bathe the baby????

I've decided to go for the Safety 1st Comfy Tub and then the Munchkin Inflatible Duckie Tub.

Thanks for pointing out another suggestion rather than the Eurotub!!

caroliner Guest

This may be late, but yes. I live in a not so huge 2 BR place and I just store it under the crib when not in use. It is a great product. My sister got something else, First Years maybe? She ended up getting a Eurotub after using that one a few times. I would not discount it based solely on the size.

Hi,

I am wondering if anyone can tell me if the safety 1st comfy bath center and the comfy duck bath center fit standard double sinks?

http://www.safety1st.com/thumbs.asp?...searchValue=36

Also, can both be used for newborns?

How about the fold-up tub? Does that fit in a kitchen double sink?

I was thinking of getting the first years sure comfort, but when I saw these in the store, I thought the shape of the safety 1st comfy tub was better than that of the first years. WQat do you think?

The most important criteria for me is that it should fit in a kitchen double-sink and should be capable of being used with newborns. A temperature indicator will be good.

TIA.

-SP

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

My tub was an earlier version of the comfy tub and it fit just fine on my double sink. I loved that tub. I starting using it as soon as DD's cord fell off. They say not to give baths before then, only sponge baths.

I have never seen the Comfy duck tub before, but it looks adorable. :) But I just added a sponge insert (available at BRU for $4) to my tub and it worked just fine.

HTH,
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast