Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    brubeck Guest

Default Playtex Diaper Genie Customer Service is AWESOME!

I have a Diaper Genie that I love and I've been using it for almost 3 years. It is the older style (wide opening) with the clear pink plastic lid and the cutter that attaches to pegs on the lid.

Recently one of the pegs fell off and I called up Playtex to try and find a new lid. It is really annoying when the cutter is falling onto the opening all the time!

I got sent to a voicemail system, told them what part I needed and gave them my name and address.

Yesterday (1.5 weeks later) in the mail I received a new lid. But it is not the same lid I have, it is the NEW lid with the cutter built-in! I had seen those when they came out and longed for the upgrade. And now I have it for free!

Obviously it is in Playtex's interest that I keep using the DG because then I buy their refills. But I am still impressed by the customer service that sent me a replacement part for free with no questions asked.

Kudos to them!

mamahill Guest

Default RE: Playtex Diaper Genie Customer Service is AWESOME!

Oooh - good to know! One of the pegs on mine recently broke, too. I tried super-gluing it, and it didn't work :(. I'm cding most of the time, but would still like to HAVE one. I'll have to give them a call! Thanks for the info!

Edited to add: I just called and they're sending me the new lid too! Woohoo! She said they no longer make the old lids, so she'd send out the new one. I actually talked to a woman, so maybe you called after hours? Anyway, for anyone else, here are the phone numbers:
    800-222-0453 (U.S. Residents)
    800-387-1300 (Canadian Residents)

Thet were so accomodating that my opinion of them just shot up about 17 notches! Thanks, Helen, for the heads up!

nigele is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Sarah,

I'm glad your opinion of them shot up. I'm really annoyed with Playtex! I called a few weeks ago to find out why they no longer sell replacement straws for their straw cups and they told me there was no demand for them. Argh... I need more straws and I can't believe others don't. I don't think they were making enough money and now if you lose a straw, you have to buy a whole new cup to get a new one.

lukkykatt Guest

I'm SO glad you posted this! Our pegs have broken off too, and we have been keeping the cutter in a drawer in DS' room. It never even occurred to me to ask for a new lid...

I'm going to call them on Monday!

Thanks.

brubeck Guest

Good to see I'm not the only one with this problem! :-)

Maybe that's why they changed the lid? I had heard it was because some people had trouble positioning the cutter when using it, but maybe the peg thing was an issue too.

Anyhow, I'm glad I could help out by letting you know. Certainly if something else on my DG breaks down I'll be calling them to let them know. :-)

And Sarah, I could very well have called after hours. As you know when you call at 3 pm in CA it's just too late for those poor East-Coasters to answer the phone. :-)

brubeck Guest

Maybe you could surf the Big Lots/Closeout stores and find a bunch cheaply?

lukkykatt Guest

Woo hoo! I just called and they're sending me a new lid, with cutter! Yeah!

cara1 Guest

Hey, great idea. Our little "peg" fell of when we moved. They're sending me a new lid, too. I hope it fits...

My lid is broken too (older pink colored lid)! Anyone have the number handy???

Thanks in advance!

brubeck Guest

Sarah posted it in the first reply. It should also be in your instruction book. At least that's the number I used!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast