mama2be Guest

Default How do you store your wood puzzles

I am trying to find a way to store my wood puzzles so when kids come over they have access to pleay with them, but the little pieces whether they are the puzzles or the ones that you put the piece in the "cut out" space always fall out. How do you store them so you don't lose a piece and they stay together...

Default RE: How do you store your wood puzzles

I'm not sure if this would help, but these are racks you can put your puzzlues in. We always had them at the preschools I worked at. Another trick we used is to put a small dot (using permanent markers) in the same color on the back of each puzzle piece and then on on the back of the puzzle board so if a piece was found, we knew which puzzle it went to. Does that make any sense?

http://www.lakeshorelearning.com/IWC..._Id=294&Page=1

HTH!
    Lisa
    Lisa
    Emma 11/02
    Adam 2/07
    Their hands may be small but their feelings are just as big as ours.

lukkykatt Guest

Great question Neve! I've been wondering this myself - you know I am in my organizational frenzy. I hate when we play with puzzles and it takes half the time to figure out which pieces go with which puzzles (ours are all in a plastic container right now).

I love those racks! I've bookmarked that site. Thanks.

jubilee Guest

When Jacob was little and had wooden puzzles, I put each puzzle in a 2-gallon zip-lock bag. It was cheap.

mama2be Guest

Default LISA YOU'RE THE GREATEST!!!!

That is perfect...I thought of a bag or tupper ware but they are so pretty that you want to have them displayed in a manor...this is perfect!!!!...who would have known such a thing existed???
    Thank you!!!

redhookmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I have an old sheet music cabinet that works great. It has about 12 shelves that are 2 inches high, and wide enough for a couple of puzzles.

Jessica
    Molly
    pack of kids ranging from age 1 to age 13

luvbeinmama Guest

DS's puzzles always end up apart instead of put together, so I just dump the pieces in a ziploc bag and put the boards on a shelf in his closet.

So glad you asked this question Neve :)--I will have to look into that tray. So far, the only trays I had seen had the puzzles in them. I was looking for an empty one. For now, all our puzzles are all under our couch or otttoman--that way, they stay flat and the pieces stay in there. Kathleen knows exactly where they are and will pull them out when she wants them.

...Maureen

Mom to
    Kathleen 3/22/01
    Ellen 6/4/03

Thank you so much for asking this question. I've had the same dilemma. I looked everywhere and finally found them at a new baby store near us, but they had the empty one listed for around $50! I recently ran across a kids catalog that also had them, but still were priced pretty high. Lisa, thank you for the link, much better prices!

Bridget
    Bridget
    Mom to
    DD 03/01
    DS 07/03
    DS 09/07
    DS 07/09