babymama is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default How do I wash/clean a musical toy?

I've received a couple of hand-me-down toys. I'm not sure how to clean 2 of them. Please help.

One is a fabric block toy with a handle that pulls out (winds up) and plays a lullaby song for about 30 seconds. To hear the music again, you have to pull the handle again. Is it okay to put a wind up music toy in the washer?

The other is a jumper with a fabric seat. I haven't checked yet to see if the seat is removeable. I've been afraid to spray it down with a bleach solution because I'm worried about ruining the dark navy blue fabric.
    Thanks,
    babymama
    baby due 11/20/03

Default RE: How do I wash/clean a musical toy?

As far as the musical block toy goes, I really am not sure what to tell you. I wouldn't put it in the washing machine though. Maybe just wipe it down with a Lysol wipe and then again really well with just a wet washcloth?

The jumper seats usually come off. Look underneath and there should be a whole bunch of metal grommets hooked onto the plastic part. Unhook them (and it will be difficult to do), and then pull the seat part off.

I would just wash it in cold water on gentle with whatever baby laundry soap you're using and let it air dry.

Good luck!

-m
    Wife to Jonathan
    Mom to Sophia 12/02 and Amelia 12/04

babymama is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default RE: How do I wash/clean a musical toy? UPDATE

***UPDATE***
    Turns out that it was fine putting the soft fabric musical wind up toy block (with puppy attached) in the washer. I made sure to put it on a slow spin cycle, and I air dried it. All nice and clean.

I still haven't tried cleaning the jumper, but I plan on using the advice posted here.

Thanks,
    babymama
    due 11/20/03