pritchettzoo Guest

Default What's your favorite highchair?

Because DD can sit up with a little assistance, we thought we might try sitting her in a high chair with some toys so that we could--gasp--sit at the table to eat dinner. Although the ped today said we could start solids whenever we wanted, I'm probably holding off until closer to 6 mos. Anyway, I have done some searches but haven't come to a conclusion. And why should this purchase be unlike any of the others? (Before you got pregnant, did you ever think you would RESEARCH even what wipes to use??)

Thanks!

Anna
    Mama to Gracie (9/16/03)

amp Guest

Default RE: What's your favorite highchair?

We have the coveted FP Deluxe Healthy Care High Chair. Can't compare to any others IRL since I only own this one, but based on what I read and researched, I liked this best for the following reasons. Cute, wheels, 3 trays that are dishwasher safe (although I can only fit a couple in there at a time), multi-adjustable height (later he can sit at the table too), reclining (for when he was a bit younger, no ruffle (for easier cleaning. So far, we love our!

I have the Chicco Mamma and love it. Like the FP, it is height-adjustaable (6 heights), has wheels, reclines (3 different ones), is really easy to clean, and has 2 trays (not 3 like the FP). It also folds up nicely for getting out of the way.

Sheila
    Mother of Miriam, 03/10/03

liya Guest

Another vote fot the FP Deluxe...I looooove it..easy and has awsome features for the cost..

vikivoly Guest

I have the Baby Trend Highchair and love it!

http://www.epinions.com/Baby_Trend_K...igh_Chair_8811

I didn't take it out of the box until DD was starting solids, but wish I would have because I think I would have gotten a lot of use with the seat recline.

It raises and lowers easily, reclines in a pinch, has a one-handed tray removal, wheels, folds compactly and stores the tray on the back. I don't know what else you would want in a high chair. It does have a cloth seat, which many people don't like. But, I think it is more comfy and I don't think it's all that hard to keep clean.

ETA:

The price is great too! I'm so glad I didn't fall for one of the more expensive brands.

Jen in Chicago Guest

We have an Evenflo one that is adjustable in height and is on wheels. It was the ultimate bargain, Grandma bought it! I had no say, but love it (and the price.) She bought it at Big Lots for $39 I believe. We live in a one floor condo with wood floors, so it is great that we can pull him all around.

It has a washable fabric cover that is great! I love not having to put Jude down on plastic. The cover washes nicely, and dries quickly.

Jude started playing in it at 3.5 months.

texmama Guest

Default RE: What's your favorite highchair-VERY CONFUSED!

From looking at the reviews, it seems like the Chico Mamma and the Primo Pappa are good high chairs, but OVERPRICED.

What do you all think about the Regalo or the Fisher Price Healthy Start in comparison to other high chairs?

Any high chair input would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
    Texmama
    [email protected]

mharling Guest

Ditto to Vicki's post. We LOVE this chair! I wasn't too keen on the ruffle; lo and behold, the cover is reversible and now the ruffle's hidden. :)

http://www.auction-pix.com/katasha/stuff/snowman.gif Mary & Lane 4/6/03

Another vote for the Baby Trend. We have the green/cream plaid one. I've not had any problems cleaning it (yet) and the ruffle isn't really that obnoxious.

-m
    Wife to Jonathan
    Mom to Sophia 12/02 and Amelia 12/04

votre_ami03 Guest

Default RE: What's your favorite highchair-VERY CONFUSED!

I have the FP Healthy Care HC, is that the one you mean? I am on a single income & couldn't buy the PP or the Chicco even if I wnated to. :) I am quite happy w/the FP HC. I think the biggest plus is the vinyl seat, it is a breeze to clean & you can throw the trays in the dishwasher.

Christy, mommy to Nolan 7/22/03