colleenfs is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Not sure where to post this - Vomit stench

Sorry this is kinda gross. Julia upchucked all over the living room carpet last night. I got all of the puke up, but the smell lingers on. Any ideas? PLEASE!

She seems to be fine now, thanks goodness. Poor little thing was very unhappy yesterday.

Thanks!
    Colleen
    Julia 1-10-02
    ~Colleen
    Mama to Julia 1-10-02

Default RE: Not sure where to post this - Vomit stench

Go to your local PetCo or Pet Smart and pick up this stuff called Nature's Miracle. It will be near piddle pads, shampoos, etc.

It's in a white bottle with a lot of red writing on it. Expensive ($10 or so) a quart but worth every penny.

It's a wonder product. Works every time.

-m
    Wife to Jonathan
    Mom to Sophia 12/02 and Amelia 12/04

brubeck Guest

My problem was actually that after I used the Resolve to get rid of the stain the place smelled of carpet cleaner. :)

What I found to work though was to wait a day or so to let it dry out, then I 'rinsed' it with water (ie scrub with wet cloth) and then while it waws damp I sprayed lightly with Febreeze.

Good luck!

Oh SO BTDT, i have a carpet pet accident sprinkle stuff by arm & hammer..it's non toxic, you sprinkle it where you need it leave it 15 to 30mins and vaccum it up. It's not too strong in it's scent either, not chemical like.

GL :)
    ~Pamela Mom Of 3

http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/...blobflower.gif

trumansmom is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Odo-Ban!! I bought it at Sam's Club. Truman had a horrible stomach virus on Thanksgiving Day. When he puked all over me and the sofa, I stupidly assumed that while I was cleaning the two of us up and going to bed that DH was cleaning the sofa and carpet. WRONG!! The next morning I came downstairs to a horrible mess. I truly thought we were going to have to get a new sofa. (Plus, I was pregnant, and really sensitive to smell.)

I cleaned it up with soap and water, and then sprayed the bejesus out of it with Odo-Ban. Gave it a couple of days and did it again. I had to do it every few days for about a week or two, but the odor truly is completely gone.

Good luck!
    Jeanne
    Mom to Truman 11/29/01 and EDD 4/23/04!

Momof3Labs is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Second the suggestion of Nature's Miracle. Make sure that you shake the bottle and soak the area well - don't soak up the excess liquid since it needs to sit to work.
    Single mom to

DS ("twice exceptional") - September 2002
    DS - February 2006
    DD - July 2009
    DD - July 2009

I'll add a third vote for Nature's Miracle!