grenicali Guest

Default Children's Book-of-the-Month Club

Is anyone a member of this book club?

www.joincbomc.com

I'm just wondering if it really is a good deal or if it ends up being a rip off. You get 8 books for $2 and pay $20.82 s/h. Then you have to buy 5 books at regular price in the next 2 years. Right now you can get 2 additional books for $4.95 each, so then there would be 3 books at regular price in 2 years. I wrote down prices from Amazon, figuring free s/h over $25 and this club still seems like a good deal. Unless the s/h for the additional books is over-the-top. Any thoughts or experiences about this? Thanks!

suzska Guest

Default RE: Children's Book-of-the-Month Club

I've belonged for about 3 years now, but really haven't bought anything lately. They recently changed their shipping charges for regular orders, so things aren't too bad. You pay only $2.99 for the first book or set, then $.99 for each additional book. They often have deals where you buy one book at the regular price and you can buy everything else at 50% off pub price. (That's the deal that's going on right now, but the special offer changes from time to time.) You can also cancel the "main selection" shipments online, which is nice because I'd always forget to mail the card back in. You also earn Treasure Points for the books (earn 1 per book) you buy at regular price, and then these can be used to get books at 1/2 off I believe (redeem 4 per book).

HTH!

grenicali Guest

Thanks, Sue! Would you recommend I become a member?

Momof3Labs is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

If you have a Marshall's or TJ Maxx nearby, they have many good children's books (including a lot of popular ones) for about 30% off of the cover price (cheaper than Amazon, usually, and no shipping charges). Also, check the prices on Overstock.com to compare - they tend to be quite a bit cheaper than Amazon, too.
    Single mom to

DS ("twice exceptional") - September 2002
    DS - February 2006
    DD - July 2009
    DD - July 2009