After giving DD a bath, I just noticed her scalp was covered with dry scales and pieces of white flakes started to come off when I combed her hair. It looks like dandruff -- I think it's called "cradle cap". She also developed "acne" over her forehead and cheeks for the last week. Both conditions are referred to as "seorrheic dermatitis". Does anyone have any good solutions? Ped said it would go away. Dr. Sear's Baby Book recommended using vegetable oil for cradle cap. I haven't tried it yet. I'm wondering if anyone knows other good remedy would speed the clearing up of "acne" and "cradle cap".

Also what do you use to wash baby's hair, body and how often a week? I'm using J & J no more tear shampoo and body wash. The bathing class I went to used J & J body wash for both hair and body, and said that we don't need to rinse off completely since its really mild. I don't know if this made her scalp dry since we haven't been rinsing the shampoo and body wash off completely. How often do you wash baby's face and what do you use?

Thanks,