Thread: PNP travel bag

emschwar is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default PNP travel bag

We're flying in August to go on vacation, and we're bringing the pnp with us. We'll check it, but I'm dubious that the thin little bag that came with the pnp will survive the baggage check. Is there such thing as a better bag that will hold the pnp? Where would I get one? Thanks.
    #1 - 4/2004
    #2 - 9/2007

Momof3Labs is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Default RE: PNP travel bag

The airlines can put it in one of their big plastic bags when you check it - just ask the counter agent. Or, put it in a big duffel bag (sporting goods stores probably have these).
    Single mom to

DS ("twice exceptional") - September 2002
    DS - February 2006
    DD - July 2009
    DD - July 2009

macassi Guest

We have flown with ours many times and surprisingly the thin little bag it came it has held up.

I have checked it in that little thin bag three times and it's done fine.

I thought I was being smart last time and put it inside our biggest suitcase, but then it was overweight and I had to check the PNP separately.

I discovered it fits in a seabag. You can get those at Army surplus stores. It's like a green canvas duffle bag.

...Karen
    Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
    Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

Or, Gina once posted a wheeled duffel bag that she found on eBags.com for her PNP. I bought it on her recommendation and have been very happy with it. The PNP fits nicely in it with lots of room to spare. I now travel with 3 wheeled duffel bags instead of suitcases because we usually only bring clothes and the duffel bags can be squeezed into car trunks more easily.

I just checked eBags.com and didn't see the same bag. Sorry. But if you like the idea of using a duffel bag, you should not have trouble finding one. Target now also sells wheeled duffel bags. hth some.

Cheers, Lin
    Mom to 2 wild boys
    D 3/98
    G 11/02

http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/...n/pnoodles.gif