Default Is there a non-disposable table topper to use at the dining room table?

We are about to move my 14 month old from his high chair to the kinderzeat. I don't want to stick table toppers on my table because of the sticky film. Is there some sort of table topper type placemat that I can "stick" on a wood table then remove to wash it? Plates, bowls and regular placemats get thrown on the floor (along with the food) within seconds! Help!

Thanks-
    Erika

pritchettzoo Guest

Default RE: Is there a non-disposable table topper to use at the dining room table?

There's a yellow rubber/plastic hippo-shaped one with a tray called the Tiny Diner. It's $9.99 at Target ($12.99 at BRU if I'm remembering correctly). We used it for eating out and now it's on the table for the Kinderzeat--it also helps keeps bowls and plates in place because of the non-skid surface. It has suction cups underneath to hold it down.
    http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0...1.MZZZZZZZ.jpg

Anna
    Mama to Gracie (Sept '03)
    and One More (coming July '05)

papal Guest

Default RE: Is there a non-disposable table topper to use at the dining room table?

Or Glad Press N' Seal is supposed to work good too. the suction things on the tiny diner were not very useful to us, she could rip them off in a second. we just started using regular plates after the tiny diner was rejected.

Twin Mom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I agree with Rashmi, the Tiny Diner does not stick well to tables and my kids could pull it off without much effort.
    Mom to b/g twins (g in college, b working)

People show themselves not by what they say but by what they do

Our happiness or our unhappiness depends far more on the way we meet the events of life than on the nature of those events themselves. -- Wilhelm von Humboldt

squimp is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I found the Tiny diner for $8 or so at Target. For that, it was worth a try. We love it, and use it for eating out a lot. DD's pretty absorbed with eating, and we have not had trouble with her playing with the suction cups. I was worried about this, but it hasn't been an issue. We wait until the food arrives, and then when DD's done eating we wipe it off and put it away so it doesn't become a toy.

We've been trying regular bowls or plates, and it's definitely a good time to start...but it's still pretty messy. And of course the plate can be a fun toy too :).

We had the Tiny Diner (which I think is a great IDEA), but DS kept pulling it right off the table -- we used it at restaurants, so all different kinds of tables. We only used it a few times because it kept ending up on the floor (food and all), thanks to DS.

I gave it to my neighbor and she uses it with her DS all the time when they eat out and doesn't have a problem. Maybe her DS is more 'calm' at the table than mine is.

Sarah.......mom to Jason (5/25/00) & Devin (5/12/03)

We also had the Tiny Diner, but DD kept pulling it off. It was more trouble than it was worth.

I always just give my kids a regular placemat or plastic bowls w/plastic silverware that won't hurt my table. I hate to waste time washing more than I need to and since the table always gets washed anyway, they might as well just make THAT messy. :D
    ~~AngelaS~~
    Mommy to 3 girls: A, G and M. (15, 11 and 8.5)

The education of all children, from the moment that they can get along without a mother's care, shall be in state institutions at state expense.
    – Karl Marx, "The Communist Manifesto"