loveofmylife Guest

Default Views on the Pottery Barn Activity/ Train Table

I don't have a coffee table so I am looking for a train table that will take the place of a coffee table. I like the looks of the one at Pottery Barn in espresso, anyone has it or has seen it in real life. I would really like some opinions. It's a hefty price for me at $299 but it's going to be in the center of my living room so it needs to be appealing. Thanks for your suggestions.

ellies mom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default RE: Views on the Pottery Barn Activity/ Train Table

That's the one I want also. I've been looking and for a well made train table with trundles, it isn't that much more. It also looks sharp which is it's big advantage. I mean some of the chintzy looking ones with "logos" all over them are that price, and they definately couldn't double as a coffee table.

I think though I'm going to wait until October and double check the look of the Costco table. It doesn't come in a color as nice as expresso but it might be ok for us. If I was putting it in our living room though, I'd definately go for the PBK one.
    Veronica

Miss Ellie 11/03
    Baby Audrey 4/08

loveofmylife Guest

Thanks for the reply. It's the only table that I like so far plus it will match my living room better. My plan was to also wait and check the Costco table until I saw the PBK table online. My ds is 18 months now and needs a table to play with his blocks etc. I actually was waiting til he was 2 to get him his first trains. It's always so hard to make these decisions.

mommyj_2 Guest

I have two and I love them. I've posted a review before, but am too lazy to search for it, so I'll just repeat myself instead. I originally got one, and loved it so much I bought another one to use upstairs. I like the look of this table more than any of the other train tables I've seen, and it's really sturdy too. I have the honey ones, and I love the color.

masblooms Guest

We got the train table in expresso for Christmas. I love it! It's probably one of the most useful "baby" items we purchased. I debated over it for a few months because it's pricy, but I'm very impressed with the quality. We also use it as a coffe table.

loveofmylife Guest

Thank you so much ladies for your input. I have decided to go ahead and order it...

graysonsmom Guest

Another happy PBK Activity Table customer here. Santa brought one for our 18 month old. We use it as a coffee table and absolutely love it. The trundles hold tons of toys. The activity mat was $19 and a must-have since DS loves to bang his cars very hard on the table. The table is truly a piece of furniture. We considered the Costco table, but wanted something that would look a little nicer in the family room.

LoveMyBabyBeans Guest

We have one in the honey color. We've had it about 2 years now. I DO love it and when we first got it, we used it as a coffee table as well. Now, it's in the boy's playroom, but it worked well as a coffee table. At night after the kids went to bed, everything was tucked away in the trundles and it looked "adult."

The one thing I do want to warn you about. I find that pottery barn items wear VERY easily and the wood they use is "soft." Our train table is VERY scratched up and dented and my boys were not beating on it, it just got marked up (ALOT) from daily play. We have the PBK Carolina table and chairs which seems to be made out of the same wood, and it is also very soft wood that knicks and marks very, very easily. I just wanted to let you know that. I didn't care, because the whole reason I bought the table was so that my boys could play on it (instead of my very nice coffee table that we temporarily put in storage) and if it did get scratched or banged up, I wouldn't care. Just know that the wood is soft and will get banged up from train play.

lmladuke Guest

We have one in honey and love it. It is really classy looking and definately is something that can be used beyond a train table. The only caveat is that the trundles that go underneath are the same size as the table, which means there is no leg room for little ones who kneel at the table. So if you have two kids playing - 1 on each side of the table - their knees bang into the trundles and move them (does this make sense?)

Other than that, well worth the price, and nicer than any of the others I saw...

Lori

Mommy to Jonathan Matthew 7/27/01
    and Katherine Olivia 7/28/04

http://lilypie.com/baby1/050728/2/13/3/-5/.png

loveofmylife Guest

So before I ordered the activity table, I decided to take a trip to PBK to look at it IRL. Well, I love the table but they only had the honey and white in stock so I will be placing my order online. It is definitely suitable for a coffee table and I like that I can also get a mat to fit on top the table to minimize scratches etc. Again thanks ladies for your feedback I can't wait to get our new table.