essnce629 Guest

Default Outdoor Playhouse at Costco $98.99

Has anyone else seen or bought this yet? I was just at Costco two days ago and they had a big stack of them, but none set up on display :(. They had the name Kid Design Villa (Keter Group) on them and were $98.99. From looking at the picture on the box, it is made white hard plastic (like the LT and Step2 playhouses) and is a 2 room house that measures 67"L x 47"W x 46"H. It looks like it has 2 rooms, but the second "room" it is actually labeled as being a "covered porch"-- although the porch has a roof, 4 walls, windows, and a separate door. All the windows have shutters and there are 2 doors total. According to the picture, it also looks like one of the windows has a yellow flower box attached to it. I couldn't tell if there is a sink or fold down table inside like most of the Step2 playhouses have. I looked on Costco's website, but couldn't find it listed. I also couldn't come up with anything when I did a Google search. I'm really interested in this playhouse since it is $200 cheaper than the Step2 one we were planning on getting (Step2 adobe playhouse). My only reserve is that the height of the house is 9 whole inches shorter than the Step2 house, although the Costco one is actually 1-2 inches bigger in length and width. Has anyone else seen this house yet? Maybe someone's Costco actually has it set up.

***Latia
    Conner 8/19/03

DebbieJ is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default RE: Outdoor Playhouse at Costco $98.99

Sounds like it's a seasonal item and therefore won't be on their website (like the train tables at Christmas).

~ deb
    DS 12/03
    And a niece or nephew arriving in early August!

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/10029.gif

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...ies/candle.gif

We've got this house the day before yesterday thanks to your tip. DH set it up the same day, it was not too difficult. DS loves playing in it but it does NOT have a sink or foldable table inside, just the walls, windows and doors. But for the price it's a great deal IMO. I figured we'll take the roof off when and if DS outgrows it hightwise.
    Mom to DS born on Thanksgiving 2003

essnce629 Guest

Thanks so much for posting Elena! Do you think you could take some pictures of it? And how tall is your son and do you think he'll be able to play in it for a couple of years? Thanks again-- I'm still debating whether to get this one or the Step 2 Adobe one which is $200 more!

***Latia
    Conner 8/19/03

octmom is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I'd love to see pics too, if you have a chance. Thanks!

Jerilyn
    DS, Sean 10/03

"Baby makes days shorter, nights longer, home happier, and love stronger."

I'll try to take a picture of it tomorrow. DS was almost 33" at his 15 months check-up (85% for boys) so I am guessing he's at least 34" right now. He should get at least a year worth of play from this house, maybe two. There is enough room for me in a seating position. DS makes me go into one of the rooms and play peekaboo.

We've seen Step 2 houses at TRU today and they are def. fancier because of the buit-ins (table, stove, bell, phone etc.) but for the price I can always add a chair or two to the Costco house. To be honest Adobe was my and DS least favorite playhouse. He did not care for the faucet and table. I could not get him out of the Neat and Tidy Cottage, he loved sitting on the built-in chairs. Go figure. The cottage was much shorter than both the adobe and Costco house BTW.
    Mom to DS born on Thanksgiving 2003