Default Bathing and washing DD's hair

Hi! My DD is almost 6 months old. We first bought the royal blue tub that comes with a green sling for newborns (I'm not sure what brand it is) for bathing her. She seemed to do okay in it, but when I saw the EuroBath on sale, I decided to pick one up. I tried bathing her in it (she was on the side that is reclined) and she hated it! She squirmed around, seemed uncomfortable, and was really fussy (normally, she enjoys bath time). For those of you who switched to a EuroBath from another tub, did your DC adjust easily? Is there something I can do to make her more comfortable?

Secondly, (perhaps I should post this as another topic, but...) how do you wash your DC's hair? I've been holding her in a football hold (with one arm, resting her kind of on my hip) like they showed us at the hospital, and then put her in her bath afterward. I'm not sure how much longer I can do this... she's almost 15 pounds now. Any suggestions?

TIA.

DebbieJ is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default RE: Bathing and washing DD's hair

We used to use a folded up bath towel under my ds in the Eurotub.

As for washing hair, I use a big plastic cup and just go as fast as I can!

~ deb
    DS 12/03
    And a niece or nephew arriving in early August!

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/10029.gif

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...ies/candle.gif

holliam Guest

Well, we had to learn how to bathe and wash hair starting at 7.5-8 months because that's when we brought DD home (adopted). She HATED the recline in the Eurotub but LOVES the sitting up position.

For hair washing, she is not interested in leaning back or anything. We use the Burt's Bees shampoo bar so it's easy to just foam up her hair and not get liquid dripping in her eyes or anything. She loves to have water poured on her head so we do that for the back. We use a wet washcloth to get the suds out of the front part. She tolerates that just fine.

Holli

SummerBaby is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

My DD has refused to recline in the tub since she was able to sit up. I had the same hair washing dilemma. I tried those foam visors (available at BRU or Target- I think Sassy makes them). They work very well. I can dump water right over her head and nothing gets in her eyes! I think I paid $5 for 2 visors. Good luck!

Val
    Mom to Madeline
    7/28/04

MeredithsMom Guest

We used a Summer bath "chair" (kinda looks like a lawnchair) in the early months but, once it got harder to bathe DD in the sink, we moved to the tub. She hates the tub with a passion EXCEPT when I get in there with her. So, that's what I've been doing. I sit cross-legged and she sits in my lap facing out. I get her hair (and she has a lot of it!) wet with a wash cloth and, when it's time to rinse, I turn her around and dip her back a bit, bringing some additional water up with my hands.

Is this the easiest thing? Not really. I know we'll have to come up with an alternative once she starts getting bathed even more frequently. So far she doesn't get into too much, and hence doesn't get too dirty (plus I do face and butt baths several times daily). :-)