mattysmom Guest

Default Looking for a wrist watch for almost 3-year-old DS... digital or with hands?

I know DS will need to learn how to tell time "the old-fashioned" way, but right now he is FASCINATED by what time it is - and all of our clocks (on the VCR, oven, in his room, on my wrist...) are digital. I don't think he "gets" the time, but does understand that 8:00 means bedtime and that he needs to stay in bed in the morning until the sun comes up AND his clock says 7:00...

I have a couple of questions:
    1. Where can I find toddler-sized watches?
    2. Is it a bad idea to get a digital one?
    3. Or is DS too young to understand hands anyway and it will be more of a toy?

Thanks so much!

redhookmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default RE: Looking for a wrist watch for almost 3-year-old DS... digital or with hands?

Timex has a kids line of watches that I have seen at Target.
    Molly
    pack of kids ranging from age 1 to age 13

Default RE: Looking for a wrist watch for almost 3-year-old DS... digital or with hands?

I've been thinking the exact same thing re: the watch idea. I'll be curious to see what other people suggest.

Laurel
    WOHM to Jack, 6/4/02
    Baby Madeline 12/14/04

muskiesusan is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

From about 2.5 to 3.5 years, Nick wore a wood watch that I found at a local toy store. It had hands that he could move around and he loved it.

We then moved up to one by Timex meant for learning how to tell time. In addition to the normal numbers, it also has the corresponding minutes (ie, a 5 by the 1) and, if your child can read, it labels the minute and hour hand. I got it at Target. Nick loves it, especially since our hands have cars going around!

Susan
    Mom to Nick 10/01
    & Alex 04/04