Default Can Beanie Babies be washed in the washing machine?

Does anyone know?

Ellen

kimbe is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default RE: UPDATE - Nip the Cat Survived the Washing Machine! Can Beanie Babies be washed in the washing machine?

Edited to Update:

I washed Nip the Cat with a load of clothes. Regular detergent. He came out great. His whiskers (that were yarn-like) are a little frazzled, but he came out really nice. I didn't throw him in the dryer because he was pretty dry when I got him out of the washer. (And I figured that the beans would melt!) His tail was a little damp, but I am sure that it will air dry just fine.

So I would say that yes, you can wash Beanie Babies in the washing machine! :)

I am not sure, but I am going to do a load of clothes today and I will throw one in...I will let you know! :)
    Kim

Default RE: Can Beanie Babies be washed in the washing machine?

Mine have held up very well in the wash. Our *big* beany gets tied in a pillow case when he's washed, because my son would just die if anything happened to Bull, so I like to be careful... but a couple others have been tossed in the wash after swims in the toilet and have done fine.

:)
    Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
    http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

erosenst is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Puppers (a Pluffie, not a Beanie Baby - but it's just the next size) has been in the wash a lot - in fact, one is going for a bath (ie in the wash machine) tonight. He's Abby's favorite, and we have four...all have had multiple baths, as have other assorted Pluffies and Beanies. I put them in a lingerie bag. I also put them in the dryer - they come out soft and fluffed up that way.

Yep, I've washed many Beanies in the washer. DD's lovey is a Pluffie and they get washed AND dried and come out looking GREAT!
    ~~AngelaS~~
    Mommy to 3 girls: A, G and M. (15, 11 and 8.5)

The education of all children, from the moment that they can get along without a mother's care, shall be in state institutions at state expense.
    – Karl Marx, "The Communist Manifesto"