Default Step 2 Naturally Playful Sand and Water Table at Aldi <$45

This was posted by DebbieJ in the bargains forum and I wanted to make sure everyone here saw it.

Includes hard plastic cover with tiedowns, umbrella, 2 drain plugs, 2 bridges, 2 boats, 2 pots and a shovel

Go to http://www.aldi.us/

and click the red bar that says special purchases to see this. You can also find a location near you.
    This is a really good deal at less than $45; they retail for $80++ (see this link at Target for more info):

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html...sin=B0000WXGL8

Aldi also has hop balls for $5 this week. I had one of these as a kid and loved it. Snap one up.

Sale runs from 4/2-4/8. Some locations closed on Sundays.

SpaceGal is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default RE: Step 2 Naturally Playful Sand and Water Table at Aldi <$45

I saw this in our Sunday ad too. A really great deal and really wasn't even in the market for one. It was our first time at Aldi and randomly were like oh let's see what it's like inside, then DH saw it and thought let's get one. Only thing I thought I would mention is the there is only one drain plug for the water side, none on the sand side. The boats the come with the box weren't as nice (two colors, as in red and yellow and a blue and yellow) as in the picture, just one color (one red boat and one blue boat).

On a side note when you assemble it, make sure you don't cut the black bunge ties because that's what holds the cover on. The other thing is to make sure to shove the legs in REALLLLY tight before you screw the screws in...push in with a lot of pressure...not to buckle the legs but you know this way the water will not leak out. I didn't realize this at first and the water was dripping down the legs. It's fine if you don't plan to use this indoors, but we set ours up in our sun room and we had little puddles for now until it gets warmer...and we had little puddles and had to redo the legs.

Other than that DS, who is one loved just splashing around with his Little People in there. Not sure when he'll be ready for sand but not just yet I think.

holliam Guest

Woo! I never heard of this store before but apparently we have one near us. DH just picked this up. It was on our list for the summer!

Thanks!
    Holli

LBW is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

My parents bought DS one of these for Christmas, and we put it together last weekend. He LOVES it. So far, we're only using it with sand. Don't know if we'll ever add water - I'm afraid he'll just mix them up too much! Definitely a great product.

Tara
    living a crazy life with 3 boys

I am thinking now
    of grief, and of getting past it;
    I feel my boots
    trying to leave the ground,
    I feel my heart
    pumping hard. I want
    to think again of dangerous and noble things.
    I want to be light and frolicsome.
    I want to be improbable beautiful and afraid of nothing,
    as though I had wings.

~Mary Oliver

Everyone should really check if they have an Aldi near them if they are interested in this table. A while back someone posted a deal on baby books at Aldi. I checked just for the heck of it, and they had a location 10 minutes from me! I had NO idea there were any near me at all.

I think they are smallish and the one near me was down a side street, so they often get overlooked?