Default Kinderzeat or tripp trapp? Which one should I buy?

I am so torn. I really want to order that chair but don't know if I should get the tripp trapp or the kinderzeat. DD is 15month old. Also, I am still torn between the rosewood, red or cherry. Please help:)

brittone2 is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Default RE: Kinderzeat or tripp trapp? Which one should I buy?

I can't help with color as we opted for boring Natural, although sometimes I think a brighter color would have been a lot of fun.

We started using our KZ with DS at around 17-18 months of age without any problem. I don't think you will need the bar with a 15 month old, but YMMV.

One consideration though would be whether you plan to use the chair with any theoretical future kids. The TT would give you the flexibility to use it from earlier on with a little one, but only if your older child is willing to give it up ;)

Our 2 year old enjoys his KZ a lot and I am undecided on what to buy for #2. I'm resigned to buying another chair (KZ or TT) though as I'm sure DS will not want to part with his KZ in the next 1-2 years.

I'm not sure how I feel about the 5 pt harness vs. the 3 pt of the KZ. I am not sure how my toddler would have reacted to the 5 pt harness (I think that may have been part of what he disliked about his original high chair?). However, we only used the seatbelt on the KZ for a few months until DS demonstrated that he was able to sit safely without it hooked. I haven't used it with him for several months now, so maybe it is a non-issue. I'll be curious to know how those with a TT feel about the 5 pt harness as time goes on. I don't think it would be a big issue but I'm also unsure of whether my DS would have liked his KZ as much if it involved being buckled into a 5 pt harness initially.

Mama to DS-2004
    DD-2006
    and a new addition-ds born march 2010