Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Outdoor Playhouse, What to use as a floor??

I just purchased a Step 2 playhouse from Craigslist and am putting it in the backyard in a mulched area. I'd really like to create some kind of floor for it though.

Has anyone done this or has any ideas??

Ann

Default RE: Outdoor Playhouse, What to use as a floor??

I have the same dilema. I am thinking those soft playground squares they sell at TRU would work. I'd love to hear other ideas.

jwozy is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

We don't have a playhouse but a step 2 climber/slide and I bought the blue foam squres from TRU and so far they have been working great.

"I bought the blue foam squares from TRU and so far they have been working great."

Julie,

That is a great idea,didn't think about that! Would the rain ruin them though since they will be outside all the time?

I was thinking about going by Home Depot and seeing if they had any scraps of an all weather carpet or something like that. I think your idea would probably be less expensive though.

I'm sure the kids don't need anything on the floor but I was in the house yesterday and thought it would make it so much nicer!

Ann

almostamom is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

We initually used the foam squares as well. Although ours were just the regular alphabet squares, they weren't intended to be outdoors. They only lasted a few weeks in the heat before they began to fall apart. I have thought of the indoor/outdoor carpet as well. Right now, our playhouse is just on the patio.

~Linda~
    http://lilypie.com/pic/060427/fDdc.jpg http://b2.lilypie.com/qW3mm7.png

jwozy is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Our foam squres have only been outside for about 3 weeks and they have gotten wet, been in the direct sunny california sun, been covered in mud and so far they still look brand new. I think weather carpet might last longer but these were so soft I couldn't resist.

britchick Guest

I bought some heavier duty ones at Sams club.They are both indoor and outdoor.We are in Cali and it is hot hot hot...they are bright red/green/blue and yellow and have been outside for 18 months and are still bright and not ratty looking(though need a good dusting-lol)they were $20 for i think 8 large squares.I found mine in the storage /cleaning area at Sams

The foam squares are a great idea! For those using them what surface are you putting them on - grass, dirt, mulch? We were planning to just mulch the area under the playhouse, but I wonder if it would be more level to just put them directly on the dirt. Thanks!

Shelly

This Step 2 playhouse has a built in floor. Maybe that is just on newer models?

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...04744?v=glance

I vote for all-weather carpet. We put a small one at the base of our slide so kids wouldn't land directly on mulch and get filthy, and it's held up fantastically in the extreme weather we get here. They carry all sizes and colors at home improvement stores, I think I got mine at Lowes.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast