MNmomtobe is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Recommendations on travel/take-along swings?

We have the FP Aquarium full size swing that DD loves. She is 3 months. I am looking at getting a travel swing that we can bring to friends' houses. Seems like most of them don't get great reviews. We looked at the FP Aquarium take along swing today and DD seemed to like it. I don't know that she would fall asleep in it though like the full size one.
    I am considering buying one from a consignment shop since DD won't get use out of it for very long. Would rather not spend the $65 for the FP one at her age.
    Any suggestions?

Default RE: Recommendations on travel/take-along swings?

DS never fell asleep in the take along one (we had borrowed the FP Aquarium take along one and bought the big one). He did like it to sit in when he was a few months old though. Before that he would flail his arms and hit the fish on the sides and get upset because he couldn't figure out why they kept moving!

He actually sat in that way longer than he should have since he would still sit in it until recently while I took a shower. He would play with the fish while reading a book. So it never worked as a place to sleep, but it did work as a place to hang out. I think buying one at a consignment shop is a good idea. And I don't think it matters so much which one it is. I think the take along ones are fairly similar. The FP Aquarium does fold kind of nicely though.

Although your DD will probably only sleep in the swing for a few more months anyway. Around six months or so it stops being such a great place to sleep (although again, we used that for a longer time than we should since he didn't take naps anywhere but his crib).

Debbie
    http://b2.lilypie.com/BI7Tm5.png

Thanks for your reply! We did look at Once Upon A Child and I was surprised how high they priced their stuff. I saw a bouncer in okay condition priced at $15. I remember that this bouncer retailed at $20 at BRU a year ago. I may look more into my local Craigslist.

We love our FP Aquarium take along. It is now on DC #2 and we now keep it at my parents b/c the kids are there at least twice a week. We recently took it on vacation and it was a lifesaver. I can't say enough good things about it. HTH!
    Candice
    WOHM to DS1 (6/04), DS2 (12/05), DD (2/09) and to our fur-st Sascha
    family blog: www.whatsupkahn.blogspot.com

Thanks! I did find this swing at OUAC today but wasn't sure on the condition so I passed on it. Glad to know that it is sturdy enough to last 2 kids. Does your DC fall asleep in it? I am having a belated shower in a month so I may register for it though DD will be 4 months by then!

juliasmom05 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

We had both the FP papasan swing and the FP aquarium travel swing. It probably depends on the DC, but DD would only fall asleep in the papasan and not the travel swing. We used the travel swing in the bathroom so I could take a shower in the morning, and for that it was a lifesaver :-). We also probably also used it for longer than we should have ;-).

Marci

Mom to Julia 4/05

Thanks for your reply. I wished that FP made the papasan swing in a travel size. The full size one and their bouncy seat look so comfy!