Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    lmwbasye is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default RE: Cups / tumblers beyond the sippy cup stage?

I found some Tupperware knock-offs that are awesome at Wal-Mart once and they are AWESOME!!!! Haven't seen them since, of course. And, they were only $1.00!! I finally broke down and bought the tupperware ones off Ebay for a great price. We love these cups.

HTH!
    Laura Proud Army wife and SAHM to Liam (10/04) and George (10/07)

spanannie is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

We use the Tervis 8oz tumblers (we also use the adult ones) and they are great! They don't ever crack in the dishwasher and are virtually indestructible. They also have the lids that you can purchase separately. I'd highly recommend them (sometimes you can also find them on ebay).

http://www.tervis.com/store/retail/p...PGID=231&CID=6
    Annie ~
    Mom three Junebugs: 9, 7 and 3

kijip is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I know you are looking for plastic but I wanted to add that I love my regular juice glasses for Toby. It is weighted like a glass (because it is one) so he got used to handling the heavier weight well and did not need to learn to use a regular glass all over again once finished with the lighter plastic. I use a really heavy cafe style glass and he has never broken one in the almost 2 years that he has used them, even given that there were some drops now and then, LOL. The juice size is the perfect tot portion too. Toby likes that he is using the same glasses that we are.
    Katie, mama to a pair of boys.

JFC is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

We use the 8oz Tervis tumblers too! DS loves having a "big boy" cup that is like Mommies (I use the big 24oz one).

Our Bed Bath & Beyond carries them and I've been able to use my 20% off coupons - HTH!
    ~Jess
    SAHM to DS1 7/03 and DS2 3/07

Yep! This is what we've always done too. However, DS knows he has to sit at the table, not take his drink all over the house.

tarynsmum is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

We just got a couple sets of these for DD (eventually) when we were at Ikea last weekend. I love them! They really are a great size for little ones who don't really drink a lot (and spill a lot). I figured they would be great as a first "real" cup for DD.
    Heather, mommy to Taryn, January 16, 2006. And Baby Asher! Born February 25, 2009.

Certified Child Passenger Safety Technician in Pittsburgh PA.

Interested in wearing your baby in the Pittsburgh Area? Check out Pittsburgh Babywearers at www.pittsburghbabywearers.com!

Mikesa3 Guest

Default ignore-double post

sorry

Mikesa3 Guest

Default Tervis Tumbler question

I like the looks of these.For those who use these could you tell me how well they hold up to washings? We have hard water so most clear plastic things look scratched and streaky looking after awhile. Can they go in dishwasher? Also can they be stacked together? I'm guessing not.
    Thanks
    Nancy

spanannie is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default RE: Tervis Tumbler question

That is Tervis claim to fame: they never scratch, crack, fog up, etc. We've had ours for a couple of years now, and they look as good as new. I believe they have a lifetime guarantee.

They do stack.
    Annie ~
    Mom three Junebugs: 9, 7 and 3

Sounds familiar...oh, isn't that how WE had to do it as kids?!?!? I used glass jelly jars (Porky Pig in particular, lol)...I think they have some that still turn into glasses, too.

I miss the old 'first years' plastic ones, they had a top that wasn't leakproof, but was fairly non spill, and the cups were awesome to use after that, my kids used them for eons! I found some BRU-brand ones yesterday for Leah like that...I like them much better than the take-n-toss things first years makes now (too leak proof, she can't drink from anything that requires suction).

I'm gonna get some of those Tervis cups! We have tropical rainforest humidity here and we totally need them, thanks for the link!
    :)
    Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
    http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2