Default Step 2 Canyon Road Train & Track table?

I'm thinking about getting this one for DD, as she's big into Thomas and we have many take-along trains, and I've read they are compatible with this table. I also like that the tracks are not removable, as she's prone to destroy layouts still.

Anyone have this table? Pros/cons would be wonderful! :)

Thanks!

kboyle Guest

Default RE: Step 2 Canyon Road Train & Track table?

i don't have one, but have been eyeing since summer and plan on getting it for the boys' for xmas. we have a regular train table but charlie has a fit when max pulls the tracks apart...which will happen for the next few years since max is capt destruct-o! so i figured this table with withstand max's curiosity & destructive phase. charlie is 3 and just now being able to play nicely with the reg tracks without wanting to take it apart all the time, so i know that this will definately be worth it!!

i plan on taking our reg train table to my mom's...she can deal with the track fights there ;)

i plan on getting them the table and new hot wheels and thomas trains for xmas. they have tons but it makes for a nice & affordable gift for both boys.

$89 for the table (we live near the step2 warehouse so we won't have to pay s&h,
    and about $30 in cars/trains for each ds and that's it for xmas :)

well...other than other stuff i pick up along the way, but that's their "big" gift.

there was a pic of someones ds playing with it, but i can't find it at all...he was about 18mos in the pic and it was the perfect height but not too short for the older kids.

i also like that it has a cover to make it a plain table.

jrn90 is offline Copper level (50+ posts)

I got this table for DS last spring- he was 16 months then- had little intest in it then- he is now 22 months and loves it- it is a perfect height- it came with three small wood trains and four cars I think (not the best quality) I love that fact that I don't have to keep putting the track togther. He has another train set that we got from a friend and every time I put the track together he just pulls it apart. It was very easy to put togther- putting the stickers on took the most time. Hope this helps.

Thanks for your comments! It really does help!

Heather